scarecrow moves

lol, got fooled by seeing it on top of the list.

Still, I'll save my idea for something in the future. That should look hilarious Rasp
Quote this message in a reply
What in the world....
I resuscitated a thread over a year old without even scrolling back in time on the forum page. I swear it was in the New Posts list, because that's where I usually reply to stuff. That's very strange...

That and I just got an email reminder for a message posted 15 days ago. I think this board is in ten different time zones/year zones simultaneously... Rasp

Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath the clear blue sky?
Nibbie
ThemsAllTook Wrote:I don't think he needs new suggestions. This thread is a year old.

Yeah, but it magically returned, perhaps it is fated to return every year? In which case having a thread filled with incredibly gut-wrenchingly awesome combat moves would be a boon to other members of the community, should they need inspiration for their own stuff.
neverever
Unregistered

oooo fate. I like it Smile
hmmm... i think itd be cool if at the start of each level the scare crow started off with only his pumpkin head, and with his T shaped stick frame, his attack first only being spinning punch combos.
He can gather straw easily to do attacks like the molokotiv coktail, and his special when at full straw ness is to do this huge whirlwind nova of nettled straw, decapitating all enemies on the screen.
he can also do these crazy pile driving jumps cracking the skulls of all his enemies.
His weaknesses first being electricity, immediatly vaporizing all his collected straw
2nd, water, making him slower and unable to do molokotiv coktails and flaming hug specials
also mud makes him slower and causing him to shed clogged up straw.
fire as explained in previous posts, is a weakness and a strength, making his straw deplete quickly and also making him very dangerous.

the robot should have battery life, as opposed to the scarecrows straw count. he starts off with no battery at the start of the level and has a very slow recharge along with battery powerups, and if when he is shocked by eletric attacks he absorbs them as battery life.
his attacks should include slapping enemies with his tendril wires, and shocking them if he has battery life.
wrapping his tendrils around enemies and shocking them to death or throwing them around the map.
his specials could be where he digs his tendrils into the ground lifting himself off it, and shocking everything on the ground, also hurting the scarecrow if hes in the vicinity.
he is immune to fire. if he steps in water he shrot circuits and looses all battery life and but if he puts his tendrils in it then it shocks everythign in the water..

thats all i can think of at the moment, that should make a roughly balanced game. however, the heros are far too good if you dont make crazy hard enemies.
Nibbie
I think its all in how the enemies behave. Perhaps in early levels enemies are primarily armed with melee weapons and shotguns / pistols / cars / tractors / combine harvesters. In those early levels wading into battle is effective - since many dont have ranged attacks awyway - so you start out with reward for simple tactics. As the police and army begin to arrive, it changes - you need to take cover from their fire, advance intelligently - remember range is their advantage - so the game can be balanced so that while at close range people are easy to klill, it is difficult to get close to them, I sorta imagine the scarecrow and robot assaulting the finnancial district of manhatten, having to stay under awnings and behind parked trucks to avoid sniper fire while advancing, breaking through a shop window and coming out the other side to ambush a rally group of national guard, fleeing a helicopter and running into a tunnel, to force the chopped - if it follows you - down to a height you can attack it.
i wasnt under the impression that the game was a full scale war between the scare-crow and robot duo and the world. in my minds eye i had beautiful country landscapes bathing in blood and decay at the start, and as the game progressed the duo would move into the hive where the zombies are coming from going lower and lower into the depths to finally discover the unltimate truth.. or something