Frameworks which call SDL et al

Greets, I'm encountering a lot of problems trying to create an incredibly simplistic OS X framework to tidy up a little code, which includes SDL, SDL_image, and SDL_mixer.
I'm inexperienced with building frameworks, but I've been able to code a few which don't include SDL et al with no problems; I've tried every approach to get this to compile, all to no avail, as I just receive the same error/warning messages in Project Builder every compile.

The messages in PB -

Quote:warning: could not use precompiled header '/Users/mark/Library/SDL_image.framework/Headers/SDL_image.p', because:
warning: header 'SDL/SDL.h' overridden.
warning: /Users/mark/Library/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Headers/SDL.h vs. /Library/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Headers/SDL.h (within the precomp)
(repeats the above messages, but flavoured for SDL_mixer.)
Quote:Build failed (see build log for details)

The messages in the log -
Quote:2003-12-30 19:09:57.818 Project Builder[315] malformed indexing data from socket 0x22523a0 (prologue='pbxindex-begin v1.0 0x00000B73 01/02 /Users/mark/Desktop/sealErrorLog/LogError.c', epilogue='pbxindex-begin v1.0 0x00000B73 01/02 /Users/mark/Desktop/sealErrorLog/LogError.c')

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Quote this message in a reply
Oldtimer
It looks like you've got two instances of the SDL framework on your machine - one in /System/Library/Frameworks/ and one in ~/Library/Frameworks. Try to remove the one in your user directory while you build it.

(I really have no idea, this isn't even a ballpark guess)
No luck; although I've a couple of copies of SDL in different locations, I pretty much knew this couldn't be the cause, as everything but frameworks compiles fine; tried anyway, though.

Mark Bishop
--
DoG
Looks like some PB bug to me, that last message seems to be the cause for the failed build. Try deleting the build folder (not just clean in PB) and recompile, also maybe try a different gcc version if the prev tip doesn't help.
Quote:malformed indexing data from socket

Try rebuilding the index maybe?

Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath the clear blue sky?
Quote:Try deleting the build folder (not just clean in PB) and recompile[...]
Already tried this several times with no luck; also recreated the project and imported the previous files and settings, again with no luck.

Quote:[...]try a different gcc version if the prev tip doesn't help.
Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the December 2001 dev tools.

Quote:Try rebuilding the index maybe?
How?

Perhaps this will help somebody suggest a cause, but I'm able to compile the SDL_gfx framework with no errors; warnings only appear in projects which include the framework (projects which compiled without error or warning previously), although calls to functions in the framework work without a hitch.

Mark Bishop
--
I don't know off the top of my head, but it's a menu item somewhere. Something like "Rebuild Index"

Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath the clear blue sky?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Texture mapping single 3D object with one draw call jeonghyunhan 1 2,776 Jul 13, 2009 06:05 AM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Include frameworks in my .app mrknark 4 3,198 Mar 31, 2006 10:53 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  problems with ogg/vorbis frameworks johnMG 5 4,793 Mar 11, 2005 07:22 PM
Last Post: johnMG