windows getting resized/moved after switching resolutions

Hey, I'm using RezLib to handle resolution switching and fading. After my game switches to 640x480 and quits, returning to normal 1024x768 resolution, my iChat buddy list is resized and my friend's Photoshop little toolbar floating window thingies get all moved over. Is there anyway to avoid this?

-Jon
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Don't use RezLib Rasp

aglSetFullScreen and the DrawSprocket routines will capture the screen for you (which is what you have to do to avoid this problem). DrawSprocket isn't entirely perfect in a crash though...

You can switch to one of those APIs, hack the RezLib source code, switch to Mach-O and call CGCaptureAllDisplays yourself, or probably a few other things. Make your choice Smile
Sage
You could also try sending Ian Ollman bags of money and/or death threats until he fixes his library.
Well there are RezLib functions called AcquireDesktop and ReleaseDesktop, so I tried calling "Acquire" before changing resolutions, and "Release" after switching back. That didn't work, oh well. I don't really feel like changing APIs, so I guess this will just be a "known issue". It happens on a lot of games, anyways. Unless there is some nice juicy source I can just plug right in like RezLib hehe.

-Jon
Sage
You mean, it happens on a lot of SHITTY games written by LAZY programmers.

Learn to capture the display: http://developer.apple.com/documentation...oup_2.html
Incidently enough, I removed all RezLib related material from my project as I was moving it from CodeWarrior to Xcode today. It was a lot of work getting everything working and compiling, but it is over and I feel relieved.

So looks like I'll be putting in better resolution switching stuff, especially now that I couldn't worry about OS 9 if I wanted to.

-Jon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Obtaining Supported Screen Resolutions Volte 4 4,149 Sep 11, 2005 03:05 AM
Last Post: Volte
  Scaling to different Resolutions blobbo 10 4,508 Apr 22, 2005 05:48 PM
Last Post: NCarter
  Switching To Third Person Nick 9 4,906 Mar 31, 2005 12:14 AM
Last Post: lpetrich
  Accepting Mouse Moved Events geezusfreeek 6 4,221 Nov 16, 2002 06:34 PM
Last Post: geezusfreeek