Mixing SDL with Cocoa

Hi,

I'm currenly in the last stages of my SDL game and as much as I'd like it to be platform independent I found out that it would be easier to make an extra window for some additional stuff.

So what I'd like to do is make a nib file, read data from some TextFields and then use that data in my c++ classes.

Would this be easier if I just created a text file in my ObjC class, which contains the data I need and then read it back in from my C++ class or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance!

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Quote this message in a reply
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Taxxodium
Hi,

I'm currenly in the last stages of my SDL game and as much as I'd like it to be platform independent I found out that it would be easier to make an extra window for some additional stuff.

So what I'd like to do is make a nib file, read data from some TextFields and then use that data in my c++ classes.

Would this be easier if I just created a text file in my ObjC class, which contains the data I need and then read it back in from my C++ class or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure, but I don't think that ObjC is going to work on PCs?

But onto SDL. If this game stays on Mac, just take then info from the text fields and put them into your C++ class variables.

If you really want it to be cross platform you would be better off looking into using a GUI library for SDL or make your own and take user input from that.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  problem mixing 3d with 2d render wolfra 0 1,859 Feb 24, 2010 02:14 AM
Last Post: wolfra
  Turning off mixing iPod music dsk00 0 2,656 Jun 4, 2009 10:25 PM
Last Post: dsk00
  Mixing obj-c and c++ DesertPenguin 2 3,484 Aug 29, 2006 07:47 AM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX
  Mixing SDL & Carbon mars 2 2,968 Jul 3, 2003 07:13 AM
Last Post: aaronsullivan
  OpenGL - mixing perspective & orthographic projections mars 5 5,647 Jul 2, 2003 06:34 PM
Last Post: Iceman