Crystal Space anyone?

I just installed Crystal Space on my Mac and I'm thinking of using as the basis for my 3D projects.

But before I do any serious work I'd like to hear if anyone has had any experience with this 3D engine?

"When you dream, there are no rules..."
Quote this message in a reply
I have no experience with it but please post back here with your opinion. I am very curious.
Well I did it build it with no problems.

But I didn't compile anything. I just kept getting errors.

So instead of using Crystal Space, I'm gonna use Quesa.

Its difficult to create maps for cs on the mac. Your choices are qeradiant in x11, blender, or TextEdit.

If you decide to build your game with the cs library - keep us up to date on how it goes - Id like to read how a mac/cs project fares.

What kind of game? Dungeon crawl? Check out Dim3.
Founder
Search for user Calum or search Google for him and send him a note on C.S.E. Or try Eric Sunshine. Don't give up on C.S.E. since we are all curious about it. Also, search this board because I could swear some info on compiling it was posted here.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Well, I think I'll retry compiling something with CS on the Mac this weekend but for the time being I'll just experiment with Quesa.

The Quesa framework compiled with no errors, but the CocoaQuesa framework is another story.

Also when using the Quesa framework I get undefined symbol errors, mostly functions from Quesa itself.

Before I know it, I'll be writting my own engine in OpenGL instead of using one.

Oh well...

I managed to compile Crystal Space with CodeWarrior a few years ago. It worked pretty well, but I found the engine too large and obscure to use at the time - it may be better now.

With regards to Quesa, do you really need to compile it? Can't you just download the SDK and use it directly? You could also ask for help on the Quesa mailing list - they're pretty friendly and helpful over there.

Maybe you should post a sample of the errors you're getting... perhaps you're doing something wrong.

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Crystal Space - not happening! griffin239 8 5,335 Apr 3, 2008 10:40 PM
Last Post: PowerMacX
  Help converting normals from global space to tangent space Muthaias 6 5,785 Apr 1, 2008 06:28 AM
Last Post: Muthaias
  Crystal Space Fillbert 7 4,083 Sep 3, 2002 07:44 PM
Last Post: Fillbert