Finding card specific OpenGL-related information

I was wondering how I would go about finding information such as graphics card memory, fill rate, max. resolution, etc. I'd google on the topic but I'm not quite sure how to word it. Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
You can get some of that information by querying OpenGL with glGet*(). Do 'man glGet' in the Terminal to see what information is available.

[EDIT: That wasn't strictly correct... I meant aglDescribeRenderer(). There's an example of how to use it in the old CFM OpenGL SDK. It's called 'Renderer Info'.]

[EDIT AGAIN: Since the CFM OpenGL SDK is the size of a small planet, just ask me to email the relevant source file if you're interested!]

You can query the Display Manager to discover which resolutions are available for a particular display. Some other APIs may offer easier ways to get at the same information (DrawSprocket does, for example).

I don't think there's any way to discover the fill rate of a card without running a timed test on it.

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Finding positions!!!! alert 9 4,431 Apr 26, 2005 06:25 AM
Last Post: alert
  Bone Hierarchies; finding absolute position MacFiend 1 2,161 Mar 24, 2003 12:57 AM
Last Post: codemattic
  Finding an include Josh 1 2,959 Nov 9, 2002 06:39 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Detecting a RagePro, and related poll inio 5 4,829 Jul 2, 2002 05:00 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho