aghh what is with cocoa's bitmap loading

tyzerg
Unregistered

whenever i run code which loads a bitmap into opengl memory using cocoa's NSBitmapImageRep class, then quit the program, then either change the image file (ex. replacing it with another image, or simply deleting it), and run the code again it acts like the file is exactly the same as it was when the code was run for the first time. this is VERY annoying, and has happened to me on multiple occasions. i was just wondering whether this has happened to anyone else, and what they did to fix it.
Quote this message in a reply
Chances are you need to clean your project after changing the image.
Yes, it's probably loading from a copy of the image inside the app bundle that was put there by the build process.
w_reade
Unregistered

So, just rebuild your project - you shouldn't need to clean it...
Luminary
If the file is a resource inside a folder reference, PB won't check if it's been updated. It's an annoying bug, but Jabber's right that the fix is to clean the project (removing the executable from the build folder works too).
w_reade
Unregistered

Oh, ok. That's a bit poor...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bitmap fonts markhula 6 8,534 Feb 27, 2011 12:55 PM
Last Post: markhula
  Anyone experienced Performance ± with UILabels vs. Bitmap Font in OpenGL ES 1.1? Elphaba 3 4,666 Jul 28, 2009 10:40 AM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  Bitmap font toolkit Najdorf 9 7,246 Nov 11, 2008 05:43 PM
Last Post: Najdorf
  opengl bitmap font question: switching to fullscreen moon_magic 2 3,151 Jul 8, 2006 03:39 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Bitmap Fonts in GL Joseph Duchesne 18 9,927 Feb 3, 2006 09:25 AM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook