Game Soundtrack Software

At some point soon I'm going to have to turn my attention to a soundtrack for my uDevGame 2003 entry Garden Pests.

Could anyone suggest any free / really cheap software that will let me compose and create some MP3's?

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
PlayerPro? It's actually a SoundTracker type program, for creating MODs, S3Ms and so on, but you can export your music into other formats if you want.

I bought it long before it became freely available, although I've never actually written any decent music in it because it's a bit cumbersome to use. I'm going to try to write something with it for my uDevGame entry, though.

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
Founder
I think at some point, there was a question in this board that was like your own. Try a search to see if you can find it because I recall that I and someone else went through a couple of apps to check out.

Cheers

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Thanks for that.

I'll have fun driving the neighbours mad playing with PlayerPro. Already I have the beginnings of a tune but I'm not sure it is suitable for my game Sad
Founder
I hope you can find the link. If not, here are some apps.

Storm
Reason
Groovemaker 2.5 (some new app is coming out from them)
MixMan Studio (maybe OS 9 only)
Virtual Drummer (simple MIDI tunes, but you could save to AIFF and then convert to MP3. Many drum patterns on the Net)
Metro LE

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Apple's Soundtrack rocks and is very easy to use, but it's pretty expensive for the hobbyist. But hey, buy Final Cut Pro and you get Soundtrack for free.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Soundtrack Composer for Hire Derrek Wayne 2 4,402 Aug 5, 2009 02:17 AM
Last Post: georgiph
  Software for making arcade game noises NCarter 18 9,166 Sep 25, 2003 04:42 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho