running man

Awhile ago (I couldn't find the thread) someone was talking about motion capturing. Well frankly I lack that kind of input. BUT I do own a copy of poser4, which does have walking and running type editor. Here is what I captured and added styrofoam balls with photoshop.
Caution, poser type nudity: http://www.hkasoftware.com/skyhawk/Socce...ingman.mov
Quote this message in a reply
NAKED!!! Grin
Someone needs to call gatti and igame3D!

igame3D :"Its good and natural, and if you disagree with me you need to take a look at your screwed up self and see whats wrong. And if you agree with me your just wrong anyway. Youre wrong just being you. You are the plague of society you moral freak! Anybody want to talk about canabis?"

Rasp

"Most nutritionists say that Twinkies are bad. But they're not, they're very very good."
Dr. Light...I'm glad whenever you see something naked you think of me.
It makes me know that I hold a special place in your heart Love

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
MY EYES! MY EYES! Blink Wacko Shock

I guess it looks right...
Skyhawk you missed the point of the styrofoam balls.

This is the technique:
1. you attach ping pong or styrofoam balls to the actor,
2. then you video tape the actor in action
3. then you use the video tape footage to set up your bones animations in 3D modeler (ball = bone)
4. you then render your 3D model in action/ or play in real time game

Since you have a 3D modeler that does the animation for you, you can skip all those steps, unless you find it nearly impossible to do the animation well.

What you probably need to do, since your game is mostly top down view is set up your poser guy to kick around a virtual ball with the camera at the top position. Set up all the poses with the ball on screen, then delete it before you render.

Render with shorts..you can find on the net somehwere I'm sure, or modify malenudetexture.pict, or whatever it is in poser, its fairly simple to do.

Google soccer player images for research on the poses you want to make, and fit your poser model as well as you can
to the actions you see in those photos.

You may need, most likely will require, multiple Poser files to do this to get the best results while minimizing frustration.

Since you are using sprites...well you are going to be rendering out a lot of frames. You keep the soccer player model in one central position, and for every action pose you make, rotate the model and repeat the action in 8 directions.

I think you can render out with alpha channels.

Oh and next time you want to put Styrofoam on a poser model, just do it in Poser.
Quote:Originally posted by igame3d
Google soccer player images for research on the poses you want to make, and fit your poser model as well as you can to the actions you see in those photos.
Oh! You gotta do that one of that guy getting straight-leg kicked in the crotch up to his diaphragm!Wow

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
Gatti: You, though having an incompatible philosophy, do have a bit of my respect. You can take (a) joke(s). LOL

Skyhawk: Don't listen to igame3D. Render it without the shorts, and you'll get a LOT more votes from the perverted versiontracker gang. I know gatti will go all 5's at least.(Just kidding!)Grin

"Most nutritionists say that Twinkies are bad. But they're not, they're very very good."
Quote:Originally posted by kelvin
Oh! You gotta do that one of that guy getting straight-leg kicked in the crotch up to his diaphragm!Wow

There's another where a guy gets kicked in the shin, and his leg breaks...maybe thats an Mpg....well either way its naaasty, bone out of skin and all.
Had a goalie on my old soccer team get hit by two guys at the same time in the same place. They were all diving leg first to get to the ball. They broke his shin in three places. Ouch.

Speaking of soccer injuries, here are a few I've witnessed sometimes while on the field...

- Our keeper misjudged his position (this was way back in middle school! (around 14 years old)) and takes a huge dive to his left to make a save. He smacks into the goalpost and cracks his skull open. Ambulances come, etc. (Keeper lives) Think twice about letting your kid play goalie.

- Just came out from left fullback at a highschool game, sitting on bench taking a drink when a teammate was running down the field parallel to an opponent fighting for possession. Legs entangle, lower leg snaps. And I mean snaps! We all heard it, very loud. (The ball went out of bounds, and they stopped the clock)

- Our defense (read me) couldn't get back in time for a bouncing through-ball, and our very aggressive keeper in a highschool game charged up and collided with their forward... and another. I luckily saw him coming and knew enough to get out of the way. I dove up and to the side while he slammed into the two of them. They both went flying, and the ball went speeding down the field the opposite way it was coming. Our keeper was lying on the ground face-up, eyes open and glassy, motionless... He was out the rest of the game, and didn't remember the incident. (We severely whipped the other team)

- Our coach back way-back was scrimmaging with us. He wasn't looking where he was running and smacked his knee right into the goalpost... he still can't walk very well to this day.

Makes me giggle when the football (if (location !=USA) read("soccer")) players would rant about how football was so much more "manly" and how our sport was wussy. Sure they get injuries, but they also get pads. But whatever, they are both risky sports.

And make sure to incorporate all the injuries I mentioned into your game!

-Jon
Yes indeedy!
So Skyhawk, head on down to the local Popeye's chicken, enjoy its delicious greasiness, take home the bones, hold them to microphone, and CRACK 'em, You might have to give the big ones a good incisor gnaw to get the big break.

Now use those for player collission. I guess players should have hit points, so every collission doesn't turn them into vegetables.

Still trying to figure out how to get good "foot on ball" noise...1 pt bottle of water, drink 1/3 of it, then slap into cupped hand...allow sound to complete before moving bottle again, repeat...seems almost a believable hit.

A beach ball might work too. At least you can beat that against your imac's mic without too much damage.

EDIT--remind self not to enter spelling B with only 3 hours sleep.
Quote:Originally posted by igame3d
Yes indeedy!
Still trying to figure out how to get good "foot on ball" noise...1 pt bottle of water, drink 1/3 of it, then slap into cupped hand...allow sound to complete before moving bottle again, repeat...seems almost a believable hit.

A beach ball might work too. At least you can beat that against your imac's mic without too much damage.

thanks bill, good ideas!
Mmmmmmm... Fried chicken... I'll buy if you want to meet me half way! Rasp

Oldtimer
Quote:Think twice about letting your kid play goalie.

Friend don't let friends do sports.

This went OT in a very nice kindofway. Love