opening images in order

okay I have 30 sequential images... I want to open them in order in preview... but there seems to be no order in preview (selected batch of images, and they appear randomly in thumbnails). Any idea what order they are actaully in, or will I need something else to view my images in order?
Quote this message in a reply
i've always hated this about preview. i'd like to know a quick way to do the same thing too, but i think the solution might just be to drag them into the thumbnail pane one at a time
You might find that GraphicConverter's image browser is useful for listing thumbnails in order. I use it all the time. You might have to register to get access to the browser, though, I can't remember.

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
I've heard my graphic artist friend complain about this way too often. I don't believe the annoyance is just limited to Preview... try any program. It seems like a problem.. err... "feature".. of OS X. I wish they would fix it in 10.3... or 10.2.7... or something!

My wild guess is that OS X does not use the file name to determine the ordering of opening, but uses the refNumber or something. But it is so annoying to see him open 36 rendered frames for a sprite in photoshop and have them open up in pretty much random order.

-Jon
natael
Unregistered

I came across this "feature" awhile back and found a strange work-around which might be helpful. If you're in icon or list view in the finder, switch to the 3rd view. Then you can select the pictures you want to open and they should appear in order in preview.
Quote:Originally posted by natael
I came across this "feature" awhile back and found a strange work-around which might be helpful. If you're in icon or list view in the finder, switch to the 3rd view. Then you can select the pictures you want to open and they should appear in order in preview.

That is bizarre but works like a charm. Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on here?

-Jon
submitted a bug report to apple. if you have a minute and this bothers you, might as well do the same Rolleyes

http://www.apple.com/macosx/feedback/

might be a moot point with panther, but we'll see
Someone else had this problem so they made a little app I read about at MacNN...

Ah, here it is:

http://users.pandora.be/sheep/apps/manga/

Quote:This app is supposed to make reading manga's on screen more easy.
Or anything else that consists of a lot of pics.
I came to the conclusion that there wasn't really a good app out there on the Mac to read manga's, Preview doesn't open the images in the right order and some other apps didn't enable the scroll like I would etc...
So I just made my own, and I hope it'll be usefull to you too!

Manga Reader can open single pics, only supports JPEG and GIF at the moment, or can open a complete folder at once. So for your manga to read easy you should put all the pics in one folder and then open it.
Also supports multiple windows, so you can read more then one manga at the time.
Here are some screenshots.
Manga Reader also has tons of keyboard shortcuts, caus its way easier that way to read it.