Arcade/simple game ideas request

Quote:Originally posted by igame3d
Thats what this thing might be...has the long thin strip?
Perhaps we could do some Scsi madness, I might have a bunch of old cards and cables I can dig out if one thing doesn't work, another will, if I didn't do something silly like say "bah I'll never use this stuff again"
Hooswoosh

SCSI I & II are (I think) 50 pin. The Wide SCSIs are 80(I think) or 160. Its a 4 gig drive and, frankly, the stuff I need back off it wont take an entire CD-R.

Thanks for the help.
Quote this message in a reply
Quote:Originally posted by aarku
Just to wrap up this thread, thanks for all the ideas! We have decided to do a revamp of the popular classic arcade game "Moon Patrol"! The free version will be done by the deadline of uDevGame 2k3. Contingent on its general success, a shareware much-improved version may be released at a later date.

Stay tuned to the uDevGame page to see how it's coming along!

-Jon

Moon Patrol? I played that for months on my C-64. That would rock if you can pull it off.

Maybe I should redo Bump 'n Jump?
Bump n Jump?
Hell yeah, I used to try to make that in MS BASIC 1.0.
First with Text scrolling, then with "Get" "Put" arrays in extended Basic, then ran out of all my 32K of memory. So I started hacking the ROM instead....

You should check out Runtime Revolution,
or iGame3D at the least...I need some local users, especially when it comes to game designing, as these days I'm all about the interface and modeling scripts and on and on. Smile

KGA Golf was done with Metacard, which is Revolution without much interface. Source project available in the source section.

I have used Applescript and ChipmunkBASIC to generate iGame3D scripts, so its only a matter of thought and effort before you turn your old Basic projects into text output to iGame3D. I'm too tired at the moment to go into all my crazy Basic/Applescript/you name it Hybridizing schemes.

Perhaps I show off this week end Smile
If I don't meltdown ...working on 3DS export at the moment...no sleep..can't even count the hours, or my fingers..am I typing or dreaming this?
Quote:Originally posted by igame3d
You should check out Runtime Revolution,
or iGame3D at the least...I need some local users, especially when it comes to game designing, as these days I'm all about the interface and modeling scripts and on and on. Smile

Perhaps I show off this week end Smile
If I don't meltdown ...working on 3DS export at the moment...no sleep..can't even count the hours, or my fingers..am I typing or dreaming this?

Is IGame3D written in Runtime Revolution?

Sleep is overrated, as is driving safely, and forming coherent sentences.
iGame3D?

Written in Revolution?

ROFL!

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Quote:Originally posted by diordna
iGame3D?

Written in Revolution?

ROFL!

OK. I guess that would be a no.
Quote:Originally posted by Daniel_Lurie
OK. I guess that would be a no.

Well, I believe the UI was made in Revolution, or at least MetaCard.

If you don't have much programming experience, I would highly recommend Revolution or MetaCard... Revolution, since it pretty much bought out MetaCard recently.

I didn't read the rest of this thread, but it sounds like some pretty stiff competition in uDG 2003!

Good luck! ... and let me win something! Wink

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Quote:Originally posted by funkboy
Well, I believe the UI was made in Revolution, or at least MetaCard.

If you don't have much programming experience, I would highly recommend Revolution or MetaCard...

I never much liked hypercard-esque environments.

My efforts have been restricted to various flavors of BASIC. Not that I find C that difficult. But the Mac APIs are pretty daunting to me.
Mods, might want to split this thread here to the appropriate place.

Quote:Is IGame3D written in Runtime Revolution?
Well not today...but you might be able to make your own iGame3D type of apps with Revolution sometime soon...we will have the greatest clone applications in the galaxy.

The User Interface for iGame3D Pro application for Mac OS X and Windows is designed in Rev, it attaches to a crossplatform OpenGL "external" written in C, compiled in CodeWarrior. By the Mighty 19 year old Tobias Opfermann.

The Stand Alone Application and Screen Saver Bundles compile in Project Builder.

Many of the events that the interface pulls off are just
iGame3d Scripts in hidden fields, usually they spew
into the console so you can learn more about using the thing besides "Press Button = 3D Result". Also the buttons do a lot of iGame3d scripts as their commands, this is done while scripting iGame3d's interface in Revolution

Here's an example of how we started with iGame3D script, and now its all hidden by button and edit field in interface

A simple Revolution Transtalk example is the level loading edit field named "levelpath", i'll simplify it here, for sake of brevity, and so you can try something similiar to it in the Rev demo.

Code:
on returnInField

send mouseup to cd btn "pagenext" of stack "Console"
  SendT3DCommand("level" &&  quote & line 1 of cd fld "levelpath" & quote)
  put cd fld "consoleOut" of stack "Console" & return & "// " & line 1 of cd fld "levelpath" of stack "T3D Edit"  & " // loaded" & return  into cd fld "consoleOut" of stack "Console"
   send mouseup to cd btn "tool1" of stack "Polygons"
  set lockText of cd fld "levelpath" to true

end returnInField

This is the key line, which is an iGame3D script command executed by the external:
Code:
SendT3DCommand("level" &&  quote & line 1 of cd fld "levelpath" & quote)

the standard console input or script command is simply
level "a path/a level folder"

in my edit field I let the user skip the steps of typing the script command and the qoutes,
for me its easier to type a folder name as text and hit than
to go digging through 80 to 120 level folders in a file
requester. Of course we have that option as well.

Confused? Hey I'm talking in my sleep, its no surprise.
But its so easy that I can work constantly with coder all the way in Germany while I have almost no working knowledge any one of the 570+ other languages out there at all.

I released the first version of iGame3D Pro after only a month of working in Metacard, using the 10 line script limits of the Metacard demo. I Had to move out of the limits so I bought a $200 (discounted!) license of Revolution right after I met the guys at Macworld NY.

A $1200 Enterprise License is one of the prizes for uDG 2003. What can I say? But thank you Runtime!!!

woohooboy, if only this was "craziest sleep deprived dev on the server contest" .I'd fast be on my way to that prize

OK, thats all ...I'm done...really...i think....
someone select menu Bill>Shutdown please.
Daniel..your email thang is off.
It's 4Am..can't imagine digging through my many emails to find you so ..hey email me, I'll send my phone number when I get up.

My wife plans to go out 10 - 4pm with the baby, good time to do some hard drive hacking.

I probably won't wake up....until hmm they inject that green serum into me. I'll leave a note to Dr. Herbert West to re-animate me around noonish.

blll@igame3d.com
Nibbie
That "Chopper game" is called cobra gunship, and it is still pretty addictive, I'm on level 28 out of 32 or so, its gotten unbelievable hard.
Wow! just read this thread... thanks to OSC kindly pointing it out....

I've been working on 'Chopper' my uDevGame entry which I am basing on a memory of an old game. I think it might be choplifter or cobra gunship... maybe a combination of both. Am downloading cobra gunship now. Chopper is a 2D scrolling helicopter game which will almost definately involve rescuing people, and possibly go further to have 'putting out fires' or 'destroying enemy structures' missions or something.

I loved those old hostage rescuing helicopter games. They came to mind when I was trying to figure out what game to make for uDev. Hopefully it will live up to the expectations created by the originals. Your comments 'DeathHimself' will be very useful I think.

current build is http://www.majicjungle.co.nz/chopper.dmg if you wanna see how its going (380k)

[edit - for anyone that's interested the link for armorAlley is: http://mac.the-underdogs.org/index.php?show=game&id=198
and cobra gunship: http://www.elys.com/software/gunship/download.html

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
Pretty cool particle effects!
But flying needs to be easier.
I can't get anywhere when forward without up = forward and down, fast.

But damn, nice particles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Simple Network Game jpiabrantes 1 1,013 Oct 20, 2014 07:21 PM
Last Post: Xuan92
  New Game Ideas? Le Muck 18 15,029 Dec 20, 2009 12:58 PM
Last Post: Frank C.
  Request for "So you want to make an MORPG" Oddity007 0 2,544 Apr 21, 2009 04:43 PM
Last Post: Oddity007
  Game Ideas: Your Thoughts Man With No Name 16 8,923 Mar 10, 2008 08:15 PM
Last Post: JustinFic
  Game ideas muffins91 6 5,060 Aug 2, 2007 07:53 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake