Mosquito Fighter Test Available for Download! please try it

Feanor
Unregistered

Looks nice, interesting. I like the idea of a different control system; it makes it different.

Anyway, full screen is not behaving properly. You must capture the screen and use a fullscreen context. I HATE when a program screws with the windows of other programs because of changing the resolution. Mad

When I crashed, I couldn't start a new game.

Anyway, nice modeling and such. Keep up the good work.
Quote this message in a reply
I don't like the controls; it seems very difficult to *stop* a turn, and there's no way to turn sideways and vertically at the same time.

Locking onto a target seems buggy, as I've seen the cannon fire at targets with yellow boxes while one of them had a red box.

The shader used for the airplane doesn't work on my R7500, and the texture just looks wonky. You should try to detect this and switch to a low-quality mode.

Aside from all that, nice work Smile
DoG
Is it true that when I speed up not only the plane, but the whole game speeds up? thats what it seemed like to me. Also, the game seems a little big for how much content it has, but it is a good start anyhow. Oh yeah, and when you fire a lot of rockets and there are too many explosions, the graphics really slow down when windowed, havent tried fullscreen yet.
unpolished interface Smile
not enough vram to run on a 8MB ATI Rage 128... at least in millions of colors (don't give me that crap about thousands of colors)
sluggish, but playable on my 400MHz G3
at the sluggish speed, maneuvering felt a bit difficult. I would definitely play the game Crimson Skies for an example of really fluid flying.
So far, runs pretty well on my dual 1GHz G4, runs fine but with artifacts on the fighter itself on my PowerBook G4. Its like the textures are all wonky on the PowerBook
Perhaps the textures are not a power of two.
Would you mind emailing me the code to , I am just starting openGL and this would be a good way for me to learn (I have a decent background from NeHe)
Quote:Originally posted by igame3d
Perhaps the textures are not a power of two.

they are.
Some nice things:
-Amazing ship model, muzzle flash, explosions
-Controls are better than some

Some things to improve:
-The main cannon sound is very wimpy, especially when compared to the huge booming rocket fire sounds.
-The terrain textures could use work

Biggest problem:
-The speed of the game changes based on the fps. You should change this asap.
Well, NYGhost, looks like we've all pretty much shredded it to pieces. Where's the next update, Huh? C'monC'monC'moooon! I'm getting sick of this level, that's all I have to say.Grin
Oh yeah, also this game needs 'yaw' controls, so you can turn left and right without changing your pitch or roll.
And little bunny rabbits to shoot, don't forget the rabitts.
Whats a flying shooting rocket launching game without little bunny rabbits? Where's the threat?

My peronal request, please allow me to occasionally gun down the MSN butterfly. The new one in the costume or the old CG one..either way, it must die.

Maybe in the sequel, Safari Squadron.
Thank you all for your comments.

I have improved the controls a bit

1 - option to define your own control keys.
2 - as many of you pointed out rolling the ship left-right did not cause trajectory change. Now a force was added from the bottom up to add effect.

If you don't have enough acceleration and you turn ship around you may stall and crash!.

update here:
http://shamrock.med.nyu.edu/~garcij01/mf.html
sound is something I have to improve completely, I personally find some of them very annoying, but that's what I've found for free on the net, Also the code part must be improved, I'm using resource sounds, but would like to change to .wave or .iff

---------------------------------------------------------------------
-The speed of the game changes based on the fps. You should change this asap.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
speed variation are more obvious when running anything less than 1G processor due to the multitexture code and the amount of action on screen.

This I can do, sacrifice graphics or average down the fps depending system speed.

What do you think?
Quote:Originally posted by NYGhost

If you don't have enough acceleration and you turn ship around you may stall and crash!.

BOOO!!!!!!!

>>This I can do, sacrifice graphics or average down the fps depending system speed.

how about you make the game independent of the fps?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Corrupted FBO, can people download my app and tell me if it breaks for you? TomorrowPlusX 22 7,292 Aug 3, 2006 03:46 PM
Last Post: Duane