Some quick Q's (Carbon)

Well, my hangover isn't gone yet(Flip night's at state street brats, its just ridicolous) so I can't do mucch thinking for myself at the moment, and this seems like a good idea, but let me know what you think.

I've recently become addicted to interface builder and am convinced I can do whatever I want with it. So I'm making a tile-based game.

Now, putting those two ideas together, I figured hey why not just make a 10x10 row of Picture Controls and swap picture's in and out to simulate a map.

Now there are obviously a few things I would need to know how to do, but first, do you think this is a good idea? I mean, it seems easy. All you would have to do for tiles that have no modifications to them(no items/people) is to pop them into the control. And for everything else, draw the land tile then the chracter/item pic over it offscreen, turn that offscreen buffer into a pichandle and drop that into the control.

So, would this work and how do I do that(CopyBits, does that still work)?
Quote this message in a reply
Yo, answer this Smile
Well I suppose you *could* do it, but I don't really see the point. It would probably be incredibly slow, and it'd be impossible to get smooth animation. Nor could you draw sprites between tiles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some quick help getting started with certain Carbon functions zmwworm 12 8,009 Jan 10, 2008 01:14 AM
Last Post: zmwworm