Why do I see strange texture borders on Simulator but not on iPhone?

Hi dudes!

Do you know why I see strange texture borders on Simulator but not on iPhone?
The program is exactly the same. By the way, I'm using PVR textures and my own loader (which obviously works fine on the iPhone). What's going on?

Simulator:
[Image: simulator.png]

iPhone:
[Image: iphonei.png]

I know PVR is a "Lossy Compression" algorithm, but I'm sure these borders are not normal. Do you have the same problem?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Quote this message in a reply
Though I don't know the answer to this specific question, this sort of thing is to be expected to some degree; the simulator and the device use different mechanisms for rendering. You won't know how something will look on the device until you actually run it there. Under the hood, a program running in the simulator is really a Mac application. This is why it's called "simulator", not "emulator".
ThemsAllTook Wrote:Though I don't know the answer to this specific question, this sort of thing is to be expected to some degree; the simulator and the device use different mechanisms for rendering. You won't know how something will look on the device until you actually run it there. Under the hood, a program running in the simulator is really a Mac application. This is why it's called "simulator", not "emulator".

However, I remember time ago I didn't have this problem (I'm not sure)

Can you all tell me how do you see PVR textures on your simulator?

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  opengl es strange 16bit texture scale problem spuckfunkel 6 9,004 Aug 14, 2011 10:44 PM
Last Post: headkaze
  iPhone Texture Projection GLphysX 2 2,433 Apr 28, 2010 02:32 PM
Last Post: aBabyRabbit
  Most preferred iPhone simulator? TimMcD 5 3,807 Apr 16, 2010 05:30 PM
Last Post: Chris Burkhardt
  iPhone simulator performance Mister T 10 6,180 Feb 14, 2010 08:10 PM
Last Post: Zwilnik
  iPhone or Simulator jjslay 2 2,701 Jun 20, 2009 11:42 PM
Last Post: kodex