Modeler and Loader Code

designdb
Unregistered

I'm trying to find a good modeler and matching code for loading and using said models. I looked at meshworks, and like it, but the 3DMF loader code which he suggests I got absolutely nothing out of. I just couldn't read/understand it. I like the .OBJ loader code that's on this site, but Meshworks does not appear to export .OBJ.

So, I need a matched set. The modeler needs to be Mac usable, and the loader code needs to either be ultra-easy to interface with (like the .OBJ code) or needs to have lots of commenting and supporting documentation.

I'm definitely a total noob, and I'm trying to make sure that I actually *understand* everything that I'm working with. I'd hate to have to say in my comments

[SOURCECODE]//I have no idea how this works. Suffice it to say that it does. Consider it a form of magic.[/SOURCECODE]

Grin

Thanks
James Ramsey
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Wings3d / obj

Any minute now people are going to start accusing me of working for Wings, just as AJ∞ gets accused of working for Macromedia Grin
Founder
I could swear I say someone post a link to some source code to load models over on Apple's game dev list. When I get home, I will look for it.

Cheers

p.s. AJ does work for them. Smile

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
get direct Meshwork loading from Antack! source on this site. see the iGame3D diary for examples of how we use it

Oh yeah, my links too!
grab T3D_for_Meshwork at my filesharing link below to see
it action for yourself.

have fun!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Free Modeler Skorche 6 3,989 Jan 20, 2004 05:36 AM
Last Post: Leisure Suit Lurie
  milkshape modeler for the mac? ghettotek 14 7,138 Mar 6, 2003 06:14 PM
Last Post: ghettotek