Game engines list

I think I have already answered all those questions.
Read again from your last bit of questions yesterday, if I missed something let me know.

Quote:Would it make sense to make models in meshwork,lightwave, or cinema 4D and then import them into blender?

99.9% of your Blender questions must be asked at Blender websites.
snickrep
Unregistered

you missed the

Quote:Can I add 3D movie clips, make games for both mac & PC, and title menus for game engines like Dim3 and T3D?

Luminary
iGame3D answered all those questions on the previous page.
snickrep
Unregistered

oops my bad. I am interested in working with T3D. What kind of game examples will I be working with? Same goes for dim3.
Start with Antack
Thats the original T3D production.
there is a newer but buggy beta
here
That should be updated again by the weekend.
It also has an updated ..but now outdated T3D editor.
Also Grab the T3D_for_Meshwork.sit at that link, a bunch of models are in there to mess around with.
As well as the read me file! Read it well.

The current iGame3D Lite and self running player are broken, we won't be doing anything about that until Tobi is done with his math exams. The Pro version is mostly working, useable mostly. But get started with whats available, and then we'll see where you go from there.

I'll open an iGame3D thread under the Game Design Discussion area shortly. Post all questions there.

all dim3 questions should be posted to the dim3 Discussion thread.
snickrep
Unregistered

any other examples? Do I have to work with examples or can I program?
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Dammit, this is getting annoying. INSTALL THE DEVELOPER TOOLS, AND GET SOME COCOA AND OPENGL TUTORIALS. Come back to the forums with any other questions after that (eg: "What's a for() loop?", "What's glBlendFunc for?", "Interface Builder help.", "Vertexes not appearing", "Terragen algorithm not working", "How do I load an OBJ?", etc)

Grin

Actually, stick with T3D/dim3 for now.
snickrep
Unregistered

Man, I am so sorry. I hate being that annoying poster. I gotta stop doing this. But right now I am at school(boarding school) and on a PC. I just want to ask one final question. What game engine do I use if I learn COCOA. Are there any good game programming books all about COCOA? What is programing for opengl like?
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Ah, it's ok. I'm just kinda not in a good mood right now because I got beat in a multiplayer game (note: It wasn't Warcraft 3). Looking at my post it appears as if I was kinda harsh.

Anyway, I actually recommend sticking with T3D/dim3 for now and move on to cocoa, esp. if you want to make a 3D game easily.
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by snickrep
Man, I am so sorry. I hate being that annoying poster. I gotta stop doing this. But right now I am at school(boarding school) and on a PC. I just want to ask one final question. What game engine do I use if I learn COCOA. Are there any good game programming books all about COCOA? What is programing for opengl like?

I think I answered these questions already in my post!

Get these books and call back once you need help

1. "The Complete Reference C" by Herb Schildt
2. "OpenGL Red Book"
3. "Cocoa Programming for OSX"
4. "OpenGL game programming" PC based but still good to use on the Mac
Mad This is where I got out the ugly stick, and beat AJ into being a nice boy again. Mad

Grin
Mars_999
Unregistered

Calm down everyone! No need to get angry at everyone here. Yes AJ is out of line getting hostile and newbies need to read a little closer to what is being said to them. So both parties are at fault. "Now I duck and run" Ninja
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

is this
iHaveNoPatience.com?

LOL Grin Grin Blush

>Yes AJ is out of line getting hostile
Sorry for getting out of line then. Didn't think about my answer until I reread my post.

>just your endless repetitive opinions.
I sense a fight.
snickrep
Unregistered

ahhhhh can someone answer my questions now? Grin
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by snickrep
ahhhhh can someone answer my questions now? Grin

That's it "Mars gets out his large beating stick and whacks on snickrep until he is beatin into submission!" Grin Rasp
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Mega Mac List of Game related tools Oddity007 9 13,100 Dec 5, 2012 12:13 AM
Last Post: mercy^4
  opinion:game battle engines, what's the best kind? link_jr97 7 6,123 Sep 18, 2004 03:38 PM
Last Post: link_jr97