Meshworks problems

I have had ALOT of problems with meshworks 1.9 and quesa, so I just upgraded to Meshworks 2.0.1 and I am still having some problems.

1. my outsided wall texture where the seams are its all screwed up and I don't know why
2. the lighting is VERY weird on the seats
3. The dome above it won't apear for some reason, i cant make new objects too, it seams that whenever the seats are textured I get this problem, but when i untexture them everything else is rendered.

Here are some picts

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: 2.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
I fixed 1 and 2, i had it set to planar instead of cylinder, but 3 is still confusing me...
Weird... copying the seats and pasting it, changing its color, and removing the old one seamed to have fixed it
I've not used any other mapping modes in meshwork besides planar and pinned. Stick to those.

You know the procedure for pinned mode?
set planar
hit ok
set pinned
hit ok

then hope you don't have to make changes or you will do it all over again.

Also if your dome was connected to your seats, it would appear that the dome was facing toward the center like the seats are, which would mean you wouldn't see it with backface culling.

As for the seems...I assume the would be on the left and right sides of the object...thus in planar mode they would be on a different facing than the rest of the model...once it hits that magical angle that is no longer in Z face (front and back)..and becomes X face (sides).

Tricky stuff that meshwork.
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Aw, man, we really need to make an opensource free modeller that's better than Meshwork (and OpenGL accelerated)
Quote:Originally posted by AJ Infinity
Aw, man, we really need to make an opensource free modeller that's better than Meshwork (and OpenGL accelerated)
Go for it Smile There was some talk a few months ago about 3D modellers and 3D formats and it was decided that, on the whole, programmers were better off making their own format.
Luminary
http://www.wings3d.com/

I figured out how to use it on Saturday, and already I've produced stuff that's so much better than anything I could have done in Meshwork (see my polygon reduction thread in art & audio for an example).
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

For some strange reason, Wings never worked when I used I. I doubleclicked the icon it bounced twice or so and crashed. Sad I have LightWave already, I just thought a modeller would be good for people who don't have it.
Camacho is running a thread in Help Wanted for an Open Source modeler based on the code from PatchDance, if you know C++ go for it. After reading the condition of the source, it seems starting from scratch or supporting Blender is the better option.

I already have a better general modeler than Meshwork, it just lacks some features that meshwork has for the time being, so back and forth I go.
I reduced the size of my textures and that seamed to fix it... weird that a 2 megs of textures is too much for meshworks
burden
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by AJ Infinity
For some strange reason, Wings never worked when I used I. I doubleclicked the icon it bounced twice or so and crashed. Sad

Builds since September or so will do that on anything < OS X 10.2.

You can still download older builds if you need to (aim for 0.97.01 maybe?). You'll be missing out on some enhancements and bug-fixes (and some measure of Mac-izing, like the Command key in shortcuts), but the basics will be the same.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Setting up Quesa for Meshworks cheez0r 5 3,907 Mar 20, 2003 09:30 AM
Last Post: griffin239
  Meshworks Question Jake 12 5,376 Mar 12, 2003 06:46 PM
Last Post: monteboyd