OpenGL Bugs in MacOS 10.2.6?!

I just noticed some strange things happening related to OpenGL. I'm not sure if they are related to the new release of MacOS 10.2.6, but here it goes...

While developing, I noticed, out of nowhere, that points that were being drawn using blending and point smoothing (to get rounded points) all the sudden became square. After stressing over it for a while, I quit Project Builder and re-opened the project, and voila it was back to normal. I did not change anything in the code, it seems to happen randomly.

If you read my previous post about Generating Spheres, I was also having problems with this. I got the sphere generating code to work (from Paul Bourke), and it works beautifully. However, if I try to compile the sphere into a display list, and then call the display list, I get nothing. I can get it to work about 1 out of 10 tries. Thats: I run the program 10 times, and the display list will display the sphere once. Not sure if its related.

Also, some colors appear to change slightly, at random. For instance, if I'm drawing points at pure white, most of the time they are pure white, but sometimes they appear to be greyish color. I can fix this by just quitting the app and opening it again.

None of this happened (at least to my knowledge) until I installed MacOS 10.2.6, which claims to make changes to OpenGL.
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
I haven't noticed any problems in any of my projects so far, but it's only been a few days.

Off topic, I never could get rounded points working on my TiBook-- I think that functionality is totally unsupported on Radeons (even though it's a basic feature of GL...) I presume you're developing with an nvidia card?

It would really suck to develop through your app depending on a feature that looks like crap on all the ATI Macs out there. Have you checked on ATI cards?
I just released a beta 2 hours ago. I will see exactly what is up with this situation and whether or not it's just my computer thats acting funky.
Turns out it's not a bug in OpenGL (i think, i'm not 100% positive, there's something really wierd going on here), but a conflict between my font drawing routines and the rest of my program.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  VBO broken in MacOS 10.4 execomrt 3 3,080 Sep 27, 2005 05:28 AM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX
  AGL fullscreen on MacOS X question oxenos 6 3,750 Feb 28, 2003 06:34 PM
Last Post: Mars_999