Coverting .WAV to .AIFF

Can anyone tell me how I can convert some .WAV files into .AIFF files?

So far I have tried loading them into QuickTime Pro 6.2 and exporting them out, however they end up as AIFC files instead of AIFF.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
macboy
Unregistered

Try Sound Studio - 50 bucks, but you get a full trial - which should be enough for whatever you're trying to do.
There's always SoundApp. Alas, it's classic-only, but it can convert practically every sound format.
Founder
SoundApp was really handy. Why doesn't the dev Carbonize it? Go to VersionTracker.com and search for sound or audio and you should fine numerous freeware/shareware sound utilities to handle the job.

Cheers

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Thanks,

I've tried Sound Studio and it worked fine.

All this time I thought my sound code did not work, but it was the audio files in the wrong format causing the problem!

I guess Sound Studio will be one of the apps I buy when I finally finish development and sell some copies of my game so that I do not feel guilty.
Within Quicktime Player 5 and 6, under the export save window, one of the selectable formats is "sound to AIFF". It's pretty strange as to why it changes to AIFC. When do you notice that it's in AIFC format?

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
When I selected the exported files in Finder, Finder listed their type as AIFC even after I selected the export to AIFF option.
oh yeah..look at that. I never bothered "getting info" on the AIFF files after conversion. What is the difference between AIFF and AIFC?

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
An AIFC file is an AIFF with compressed data. They're both equally valid unless your loader can't handle compression.

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art