Education version of Photoshop7

Mars_999
Unregistered

I have access to buy Photoshop 7 through my college for $300. If I do this and use it to do some graphics work on my Mac for game development is that ok? I was wondering if anyone else has done this or if it's even legal? Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
It should be 100% legal since it is just an educational discounts (aka you are a college student and are poor). So have fun! Smile
I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. It's just an education discount, not a personal learning edition like the free Maya.

Is $300 a good price for Photoshop (with an education discount)? I guess I'm just used to spending $200 or less for Photoshop since I'm always upgrading from the previous version.
Quote:Originally posted by Bachus
I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. It's just an education discount, not a personal learning edition like the free Maya.

Is $300 a good price for Photoshop (with an education discount)? I guess I'm just used to spending $200 or less for Photoshop since I'm always upgrading from the previous version.

If I recall correctly, Regular Photoshop runs $700 and the upgrade runs $199. so $300 for a brand new copy is a great deal.
Mars_999
Unregistered

It's the full version for $300!
Nibbie
Get it! I got it Grin. Full version to. Just go to academicsuperstore.com $268.95 and save 30$(if your in the US). I love edu. discounts.
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Joseph Duchesne
Get it! I got it Grin. Full version to. Just go to academicsuperstore.com $268.95 and save 30$(if your in the US). I love edu. discounts.

Cool thanks Jo
Nibbie
To bad I can't buy stuff at academic superstore Sad I'm canadian and you can't buy US academic stuff. So... I just bought the adobe whatjamacallit box with PS7,Illistrator, In Design and acrobat for 400canadian$ Grin
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Also, goto Spyrysoft.com/mac, Genesis Technologies, and Creation Engine.com for edu. discounts. Sprysoft is the cheapest, but Academic Superstore has the largest selection. I got After Effects, Bryce, and Flash MX through Creation Engine, and LightWave and Director through Academic Superstore. Well, I didn't purchase them all at the same time, of course. Smile