edge

mark_battista
Unregistered

hi does nayone know if edge is a global magazine and can anyone tell me a list of places where i can recruit people for a games team.
so far i have advertising in magazines - could do with some magazine names that are targeted at this area of employment!
Newspaper Ads
Internet - could do with some site names to publish ads on
Independant recruitment agencies

Can anyone think of any other places or methods i could use to recruit staff?

Help is welcomed with open arms
regards mark battista
Quote this message in a reply
w_reade
Unregistered

All from a UK perspective:

There are people who read Edge in many countries, but I don't think it's average newsagent fare in most places (it's not even standard newsagent fare in the UK, really, in my experience).

UK games recruitment agencies - off the top of my head, datascope and aardvark swift; probably others.

Some gaming sites have jobs sections - gamedev.net and gamasutra do, probably others as well. Flipcode perhaps?

I wouldn't bother with newspapers unless you find ones which already have a fair few games jobs listed; I don't know of any, but if anyone does, do tell me.

Anyway, this all sounds quite interesting. Do tell more...
Feanor
Unregistered

Which Edge do you speak of? There is a science magazine online: http://www.edge.org.
w_reade
Unregistered

I thought he was talking about the Edge at http://www.edge-online.com/
mark_battista
Unregistered

Thx for your help, this has given me a great insight. I am talking about Edge, the glossy magazine that find its way into shops like WHSmith in the UK, you know the one that is aimed directly at the comp games industry.
regards
Mark Battista
Founder
GIG (as in GIG-News... search Google) has a job/recruit section. Gamasutra does as well.

Cheers

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames