First attempt at CG

Darkgold
Unregistered

This was sort of inspired by Da' Falcon's CGing of himself. I relise its not finished yet but I have put a lot of work and time into and would like to see what you guys think of it so far.
[Image: tsukasa2color.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
Extremely impressive for a first CG! My only complaint would probably be that no variations are made in the line thickness, but that's just an asthetic decision. By all technicalities, I can find nothing wrong with this CG, taking into account that it is incomplete.
Luminary
Very cool!
extremely cool, I can't wait for you to finish it :-)
Is the character blind? And does he see through the eye-like jewel floating within the staff?

well kewl beans DG!
Darkgold
Unregistered

Hahaha, no, but thats a good idea. The eyes are just one of those unfinished things
jamie
Unregistered

very nice, and considering it's a first attempt, with some practice, perhaps a career switch to illustration? Wink
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

wow, that's good. What did you use? Maya? Oh wait, you said first attempt so it couldn't of been Maya. Cinema? Strata? Carrara Studio? Swift 3D?
w_reade
Unregistered

Surely that's not done with a 3d app? Looks like good old-fashioned lines and paint (even if virtual Wink) to me...
jamie
Unregistered

yes, certainly has to be illustrator, freehand, photoshop, something like that...
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Maya's Flash renderer does stuff like that. SoftImage and Maya shaders do stuff like that. LW's shaders can do that (with some work).
A fairly nice picture, descriptions of the original character (and series), for those interested, can be found hear:

http://home.mchsi.com/~landale77/hack/

Heres a link to what I think is a official site:

http://www.dothack.com/
Quote:Originally posted by AJ Infinity
Maya's Flash renderer does stuff like that. SoftImage and Maya shaders do stuff like that. LW's shaders can do that (with some work).

*like* that, but definitely not *that*... you can see the lines extending beyond the range of the picture at the bottom.
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Then this is not "CG". It's 2D art!!!
Quote:Originally posted by AJ Infinity
Then this is not "CG". It's 2D art!!!

CG stands for "Computer Graphics", correct? If so, wouldn't any image created on a computer qualify as CG?

Semantics aside, that's some very impressive artwork; I love the shading and the overall style of the image. It's almost enough to make me start up Illustrator and try to make something even half as good. I can't wait to see the finished version!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  First Attempt at Music - Be Kind! Bachus 8 5,527 Jul 16, 2003 07:27 PM
Last Post: JeremyL
  First attempt at game music - Feedback please Greg Gant 13 8,585 Jun 18, 2003 03:16 AM
Last Post: Greg Gant
  First attempt at large pixel art(not a edit :P ) Joseph Duchesne 2 3,466 May 14, 2003 05:15 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho