PlayerPro Free!!!

Quote:Originally posted by NCarter
and as far as I know, the player source has always been available and freeware (possibly even public domain).

no, it was available for 499 $. what a saving of money!
Quote this message in a reply
Quote:Originally posted by Najdorf
no, it was available for 499 $. what a saving of money!

I meant that the MAD player source code in the SDK was free!

Neil Carter
Nether - Mac games and comic art
Quote:Originally posted by inio
/me points at his previous message

But that's only the source... isn't it? :?:
ummmm, those are serial numbers to put in when it wants serials. Ya silly monkey.
Quote:Originally posted by Camacho
Ok, if anyone wants to send me anything for hosting here, send it to

editor@idevgames.com

Cheers

p.s. Is PlayerPro Carbonized?

I also recall and SDK for it. What the status with it?

Sent... Although Inio's discovery will do the trick Smile

I've tested it in OSX 10.2.5 and OS 9.2.2, and it seems to be fully functional.

The SDK has always been free to use, but I personally found MikModLib to be simpler to use. Ian Ollman's MikMod build is quite fast as well - I've never done any direct speed comparisons with MADlib, but I like the fact that MikMod plays a bunch of formats without requiring runtime plugins (unlike MADlib).
I can't get it to play any of the music... why isn't it playing output through my speakers? what am I doign wrong! how do I work this thing?!
I've having very odd behavior where it won't edit anything in the block editor. I'm thinking there might be more subtle anti-crack code in there. I'm going to be looking into it when I get home (in Computer Architecture class right now, bleh).

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
- Gandalf the Gray-Hat

Bring Alistair Cooke's America to DVD!
Evercat
Unregistered

Well, the first "hacked" code seems to work for me - I can edit and save.

Isn't it funny that hacking a reg. code is in this instance uncontroversial? Grin

Edited to add - hmm, maybe it's the "Box Editor" that's causing trouble? It seems a bit dodgy. I don't remember it from the old version I owned. Perhaps it's something new. Still, the digital editor works fine for me.
The codes inio posted work to register the program.
And here I payed good money for PlayerPro Shock

-Jon

I don't get a rebate do I? hehe
Founder
Hi,

I have uploaded Frank's recompiled version. You can download it from our front page.

I downloaded .mod and .xm files and none seem to load with this version. I then downloaded the regular PP version and tried some sample songs. It ran fine.

I thought that moving songs into the play list via drag and drop would work, but it didn't. My system does have QT 6.1 so I am wondering if this is causing any "issues."

Please download our version and let me know how it goes.

BTW, the interface is pretty hard (ie high learning curve.) It would be nice to..
1. Fix up the GUI (I'll donate time for graphic widgets etc)
2. Remove some editors and make a more slim-down basic version.

Also, many of the links in the menu to sites are no longer working by default.

Last point, I included the Plug-ins and Music examples from the regular version. I'm not sure if we were allowed to do this. Can someone check into it? If we can't include the music examples, anyone want to whip up some short demos we can add to our version to get people up and running quickly (don't bother to give me links to MOD sites as I want to stay away from copyrighted stuff.)

p.s. I would love to see an interface a bit like REASON. Smile

Cheers

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote:Originally posted by Camacho
I have uploaded Frank's recompiled version. You can download it from our front page.
We may have jumped the gun on this a little...

I just noticed that the last official build has a separate classic binary in the package (it's still carbon, but may contain more classic friendly routines). The build in the source released only has one target, so I had no idea this was the case till just a few seconds ago. There are some ifdef's surrounding classic code so it may be possible to just define a couple variables and build the classic version but I really haven't looked at it too hard.

In the meantime, it's probably safer to just use one of the serial numbers that inio posted.
Founder
Got it. I'll leave the one on iDevGames up so I don't have to re-enter all the info later, and hopefully someone can send me a new and better build.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote:Originally posted by inio
I've having very odd behavior where it won't edit anything in the block editor. I'm thinking there might be more subtle anti-crack code in there. I'm going to be looking into it when I get home (in Computer Architecture class right now, bleh).
OK, it appears my CoreServices died yesterday sometime and I hadn't noticed that drag&drop stopped working Smile. It took trying to transfer a message in Mail.app to convince me something was wrong. For someone working on the project, add checks to calls to AddDragItemFlavor to see if it failed.

And one feature idea: resizable box editor slices

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
- Gandalf the Gray-Hat

Bring Alistair Cooke's America to DVD!
Gonou
Unregistered

ah good ol PP Smile
i bought it before os x came out.. it was a very nice app then.
but after the os x release it had a hard time keeping up and development seemed to be put into trying to make the program much more than a tracker. last time i tried it it was a very too heavy program that didn't seem to be able to make up its mind if it was going to be a tracker or a program competing with cubase, logic and the like..

if you are doing any heavy modifications, making it a more streamlined tracker would make me a happy tracker Wink

PP used to be on of the best trackers around if it could be that again.. oh my!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PlayerPRO samples BeyondCloister 3 3,211 Nov 25, 2003 04:11 AM
Last Post: Jason Colman
  PlayerPro Help applekid 10 5,611 May 18, 2003 10:13 PM
Last Post: skyhawk