Books for OGL

Can I get some recomendations on some OpenGL books? I want to start learning the API this summer.

I am looking for a few books, a beginner sort of tutorial/reference book, something that is not crazy advanced.

I do have a lot of programming experience by now.. just finished my first year in Comp Sci at university, so I am looking for something that will provide good examples and serve as a reference book.

Anyone want to recommend some books that fall under that description?

or then again, perhaps I am delusional and no books like that exist for OGL and all of em are super advance.

guess I'll find out..

Hank-

/* Drunk...... fix later.... */
Quote this message in a reply
nehe nehe nehe nehe nehe

Tutorials 1-5 and 21 are a good start. if you want them in book form, set up your print and let her rip! Grin
Luminary
After NeHe, the Red Book (free older version online linked from the iDG FAQ) is probably a good place to go. Mac OS X has the OpenGL man pages (most of the Blue book) installed if you have the developer tools.
As always, I recommend Edward Angel's book "Interactive Computer Graphics: A Top Down Approach with OpenGL" as it offers a good approach to the subject and teaches you what you need to know early on to get started doing the interesting stuff.
Mars_999
Unregistered

OpenGL "Red Book" and OpenGL game programming is a good book its based on PC but a good read no matter. OpenGL super bible is pretty good to. I have all three.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OpenGL books Carlos Camacho 14 5,702 Dec 2, 2005 10:05 PM
Last Post: bwalters