Board Game idea...needs coder

CaptKevMan
Unregistered

Howdy folks!

I have a board game that is complete (game mechanics-wise), and has been thoroughly playtested. I'm looking to have this ported into a shareware title, and I need a programmer.

The catch? I can't pay anything up front. This has to be a labor of love, with benefits to come after sales start rolling in (fingers crossed).

This game is a standard "race" type board game (like Sorry or Pachisi), where the goal is to get to a certain place on the board under certain conditions. It involves several decks of random cards and player's tokens, as well as numerical score tracking for each player. I think it should also be multiplayer net-playable, to get the most out of the experience.

If this sounds at all interesting to any of you, please feel free to email or PM me. I wil be putting all the documents and elements together in PDF format and drafting a NDA in the meantime.

I came here at the suggestion of Colin from Freeverse. I'm a digital graphics monkey by trade, but I haven't the first clue about programming.

Thanks! Wow
Quote this message in a reply
macboy
Unregistered

I, personally, don't think that game will sell...

But putting aside my personal thoughts and beliefs, you might want to post in Help Wanted/Offered next time where programmers looking for something to do will most likely look. Somebody here will probably do it... are you looking for specific requirements? (e.g. Carbon, Cocoa, Classic, console)
CaptKevMan
Unregistered

D'oh!

I guess I should've looked closer at the forum categories.

Thanks for steering me straight.

This is my first time trying something like this, so I'm not sure what the requirements should be. I would imagine OS X and Windows compatibility to start with. I really don't know.

It didn't occur to me to approach this game as a computer game until earlier this afternoon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Game Idea - "Dreamscape" soundguru 5 8,874 Dec 18, 2011 05:13 PM
Last Post: ipeku
  Board Game Design ahnona84 0 2,884 Oct 31, 2011 11:54 PM
Last Post: ahnona84
  Idea Needed - Mech Game carmine 25 19,933 Jul 10, 2011 10:30 PM
Last Post: GordonCSA
  skeleton for a board game sefiroths 6 7,709 Nov 30, 2010 12:51 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Game Idea Wiki Proposal mikey 9 7,018 Jul 22, 2009 10:05 AM