Uh Oh! Eek! The TIME!

Nibbie
Um I'm sorto of in a huge hurry to get a "good" hocky card done by tomorrow. I currently have 2 prototypes, which is better? Any suggestions?

[Image: Card-Prototype-1.jpg]
(A)

[Image: Card-Prototype-2.jpg]
(B)

Blink I know they both suck but I am a bit pressed for time.
Quote this message in a reply
ellrx
Unregistered

B.
macboy
Unregistered

I say A. The border on B is a bit too distracting plus you get a bigger and better picture with A.

Hehe they're both Blork Grin
(B) the important info is more easy to read. That or do (A) but with a black panel instead of the blue (blue and white is *BAD* )
Matt Brown
Unregistered

I agree with Zwilnik. Change the border on A to black-grey and it'll be much better. But I like A, just maybe add a very thin border. Something like this. Done in MSPaint, and in a hurry.
macboy
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Matt Brown
Something like this. Done in MSPaint, and in a hurry.
Bitmap!! Hello!! Doesn't work on Macs Rasp (or at least not in most browsers, such as OmniWeb)
Matt Brown
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by macboy
Bitmap!! Hello!! Doesn't work on Macs Rasp (or at least not in most browsers, such as OmniWeb)

Oops.Blush But as I don't have access to PS7 right now, it's stuck. It's basicly just a blue stripe around the sides. Should work in IE though, as I assume MS would add support for their own formats.
Luminary
Both QuickTime and NSImage happily open .bmps, so if OmniWeb doesn't support them, it's through laziness...

Anyway, it shows up fine in Safari. Get up with the play, folks!
macboy
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by OneSadCookie
Both QuickTime and NSImage happily open .bmps, so if OmniWeb doesn't support them, it's through laziness...

Anyway, it shows up fine in Safari. Get up with the play, folks!
Stupid OmniWeb. I need Safari!! Too bad I don't have Jaguar Sad Gonna buy Panther though Smile
Nibbie
OK:

[Image: Card-Prototype-3.jpg]

What color should the text be?
Zachary
Unregistered

Hehe, I love them both (take a wild guess Rasp ). I think a is probably better looking, the border on b is a bit too distracting.

[edit]Oh, and I like the colour white for the text, it's easy to read.
Nibbie
*THUMP* (Joseph hits his chair after lots of work). I can guess why you like themGrin . 76 teams. 15 per team. 2 finicky parents per child. OUCH! I printed hockey cards and pictures 8am-10pm for 3 days solid. Groan... Open iphoto, drag to photoshop, add boarder, make name, respell name, change color, remove the ref. from the background, add puck onto stick, color corect, start printing, cut photo, miscut a corner off, repeat...
Check out the Hockey cards we made for our first season:
http://www.gooddoug.com/strychnine/players.html click on the player's number to see the card. We laminated the cards and handed them out at the end of season party. They were a big hit.

We need to do another set one of these days...
macboy
Unregistered

Which one did you choose?
Nibbie
I used a modied version of (a)