Sound software for system 10

When I boot up in system 9, I use Sound Edit 16 for audio capture. It picks up audio from an external mic at a nice good decibel level. However, in most sound capture programs that I've used in system 10.1.5, it seems that it the sound level when recording from external mics is way too low. System specs = iMac 500mhz, DV edition.

Has anyone else come across this?

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
Quote this message in a reply
macboy
Unregistered

In some programs, yes. Have you tried Audacity or Sound Studio?
Founder
Try this list of software:
http://pete.yandell.com/links/index.html

Also check the gain levels on your OS/software/hardware.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Some time ago I've used cocaphony and AudioX 2. The volume is still way too low. Adjusting the gain in either program pretty much doesn't seem increase the volume for recording (at least on my machine). I know in other sound programs that I've used in system 8.1-9, they had their own gain adjustment outside of the "sound" control panel. Hopefully one of the other programs you guys listed will help me out. I bought both of the two previously mentioned apps around 2 months ago and don't want to dump more money into audio capture apps that don't compete with Sound Edit 16 or Sound Sculptor (which I love).

I'll give audicity and a couple others a shot. Thanks again for the listings and urls.

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
macboy
Unregistered

Oh, I forgot to mention this before, but Audacity is free. Sound Studio is shareware but it's inexpensive.