Texture coords in .obj files-Lightwave modeler

So I'm creating a lot of my game's objects with Lightwave modeler(Since for whatever reason, Bryce won't let me export a lot of stuff to .obj files..?).

I have no idea how to have the Modeler export the texture coords with the .obj file. I just started messing with the program a couple days ago, and it's pretty difficult I'd have to say. But, if anyone could just give me the general idea of setting up texture coordinates and putting a 2d image onto it in the modeler and exporting it correctly, I'd be thankful.

Once I get the general idea, I'd imagine it's not all that hard to deal with.
Quote this message in a reply
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Find a texture mapping tutorial on NewTek.com. Learn how to use Weight Maps, images in the Surface Editor, and UV Textures.

As you can probably tell, I don't have time to write a tutorial for you. Smile
kberg
Unregistered

UVMapper is your best friend... Smile

http://www.uvmapper.com/

This will unwrap the model and create a picture of the mesh that you can colour over, and will re-export the model with uv coordinates included. It is what I have been using for my work. My graphics guy exports the .obj files from an old version of 3D studio though, so I can't help you much with the lightwave problems.
You're right, UVMapper is a stud program. Thanks for the reply.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Project Messiah 3D modeler gong incredibly cheap backslash 1 6,664 Feb 18, 2011 05:55 AM
Last Post: toonbit
  Help tracking down lost 3D Modeler Jones 2 4,513 Nov 8, 2006 10:45 PM
Last Post: Jones
  Lightwave 9.0 : A new toy BeyondCloister 1 3,070 Sep 14, 2006 02:22 AM
Last Post: aarku
  Wings3D only creating .bmp texture files WhatMeWorry 1 3,322 Jan 18, 2006 03:51 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Another 3D Modeler to play with Leisure Suit Lurie 0 3,816 Dec 11, 2005 11:50 AM
Last Post: Leisure Suit Lurie