Cocoa OpenGL Tutorial Site (Yay)

I haven't seen this site listed anywhere before, so I'll take the liberty to mention it here. They also mention iDevGames on the main page.

Deep Cocoa
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Looks good Smile
I couldn't download any of the source files because the author apparently uploaded the files without archiving them. All I can do is browse the directories; not much help since you can't get the bundles whole.

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
⌘-R in Chief
Some OpenGL & OS X links.

http://www.withay.com/macosx/opengl/
I've seen and used those tutorials before; they aren't well written or well documented. Sorry to whoever spent all the time to make those, but they need to be redone.
Founder
Should be "iDevGames". But I appreciate the mentioning of our site.

I would have liked to have asked him (her?) why not help with our NeHeX site? There's still much work to be done, and I always feel that if resources/info can be concentrated (ie in one place), it can make it easier for the community. Or at least send the tutorials over to CocoaCentral. Anyhow, not right for me to nit-pick so I will be silent.

BTW, two REALLY good Japanese Cocoa sites, but you need to know Japanese. (Nope, I don't have the time to translate.) Rasp

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Luminary
Quote:BTW, two REALLY good Japanese Cocoa sites, but you need to know Japanese. (Nope, I don't have the time to translate.) Rasp

Links?
You do need to update your tutorials to match the project builder downloads, and you need to explain the different OpenGL commands and what they are doing, or provide a link that explains them. Other than that, good going.

So far these tutorials are the best I have found, but she (I believe that's correct) needs to explain what the different OpenGL commands are doing, and just needs to make the comments a little more in-depth in general. For the OpenGL commands, she could also just provide us with a link to where we can study them; anyone here know of such a link?
Quote:Originally posted by jbrimm
You do need to update your tutorials to match the project builder downloads, and you need to explain the different OpenGL commands and what they are doing, or provide a link that explains them. Other than that, good going.

So far these tutorials are the best I have found, but she (I believe that's correct) needs to explain what the different OpenGL commands are doing, and just needs to make the comments a little more in-depth in general. For the OpenGL commands, she could also just provide us with a link to where we can study them; anyone here know of such a link?
Type "man insert_opengl_function_name_here" in the Terminal.
Quote:Originally posted by jabber
Type "man insert_opengl_function_name_here" in the Terminal.

or from the latest version of Project Builder you can go to the help menu and choose "open man page..." and get the same thing (but nicer formatting)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Opengl/Cocoa text rendering tesil 15 17,459 Mar 20, 2012 11:16 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  OpenGL Text Rendering (in Cocoa) daveh84 5 7,905 Feb 19, 2009 12:44 PM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX
  OpenGL & Cocoa - Improving frame rate daveh84 4 5,564 Feb 2, 2009 06:53 AM
Last Post: backslash
  bad depth sorting in Cocoa OpenGL aldermoore 2 4,651 Dec 30, 2008 03:07 PM
Last Post: ThemsAllTook
  Loading and using textures with alpha in OpenGL with Cocoa corporatenewt 4 6,419 Dec 8, 2007 02:06 PM
Last Post: Malarkey