My scene is too dark but light is at max

OSXRules
Unregistered

I don't mean to be a pain but it's for my project which now only has 3 weeks left and I also have to write a 50 page report with it. So if you wouldn't mind trying to fix it ASAP, I would very much appreciate the help.

Again I want to stress that the code you need to look at is only in the file GLView.mm, ignore the other files.

Aside: By the way, does anyone have the free classic dockling on their machine. It is just a little dock extension which lets you know if classic is running. If you have it, remove it because it badly affects the performance in mac os x. It makes the itunes visualizer, movie playback and games jitter periodically. I just discovered this yesterday.

Also, if you have the date and time bug in 10.2.4, please fix the time because it affects compile times. Project builder thinks all the object files are old and recompiles them all every time. This was slowing my compile time down a lot.
Quote this message in a reply
OSXRules
Unregistered

I have sorted it out finally. I discovered by accident that I wasn't disabling GL_TEXTURE_2D from the first model I rendered so as the second model had no textures, it wasn't lighting it up properly.

A subtle but very annoying error and difficult to find in a lot of code.

Anyway thank you all for your interest and helpful comments. I can at last put this thread to rest.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Transforming directional light to eye space in GLSL Coyote 4 6,746 Dec 8, 2009 03:16 PM
Last Post: Coyote
  OpenGL Blending for 2D Light Effects metacollin 10 13,230 Jun 6, 2009 12:51 AM
Last Post: NelsonMandella
  light attenuation NelsonMandella 2 3,817 Jun 4, 2009 03:28 PM
Last Post: reubert
  Surface/Vertice Normals and Scene Placement Jones 3 3,039 Aug 22, 2006 02:45 PM
Last Post: scgames
  Use Spencil in 2D scene and OpenGl ? RB jp 1 2,210 Apr 12, 2006 02:33 PM
Last Post: RB jp