neheX tutorial 4, missing?

xDexx
Unregistered

did anyone download it? it wont download from the web site... (nehex.idevgames.com)
Quote this message in a reply
Where are any of the tutorials on that site? All I can find are the project and source-code, but the tutorials themselves are missing; the little label, download tutorial listed under each tutorial isn't hyperlinked.
honkFactory
Unregistered

I just checked nehe and everything looks fine. You download the tutorial at the bottom of the page that describes the tutorial. There should be a list of different ports for each tutorial. Most have been ported to Cocoa.
A.W.
xDexx, I'm assuming you're referring to the Carbon version of tutorial four? I haven't uploaded that tutorial, or any tutorials which inherit from it, as I've stumbled upon a very odd random, and fatal, bug Huh If you still want the project/source-code (it compiles with no errors or warnings, but randomly dies on launch) email me.

Tutorial four most likely won't be uploaded before the revision to the site when the current hard-coded html tutorial listings are replaced with mySQL/php.

jbrimm, the tutorial links don't work as they haven't been uploaded yet, or, as in the majority of cases, finished being rewritten Huh

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
honkFactory
Unregistered

Ooops. i thought you meant of the nehe site, not the idevgames site. You can get all the tutorial direct from the source at http://nehe.gamedev.net/
A.W.
xDexx
Unregistered

nehe is just cocoa and i am programming in carbon.
sealfin, is there a mailing list or something for neheX that would mail me if the site is updated? neheX is awsome! keep up the good work!
-brett
xDexx, there's no mailing list, nor is a mailing list planned. A mailing list might become easier to do when I've switched the site to mySQL, but I've got many other distractions and demands on my timeƖ and I'd rather spend my time coding the tutorials than writing emails Rasp

By the way, thanks for the encouragement!

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Perhaps I'm missing something spuy767 8 3,527 Sep 6, 2008 03:03 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake