Setting up SDL on Mac OS X

-Rice-
Unregistered

Is there a way to use SDL in project builder in OS X? I am presently reading through Linux Games programing and am trying to compile example code listing 4-1. I have added the frameworks to the project yet it does not compile. I have checked the library/frameworks folder and my installation has no header files. Would this indicate an error in the installation of the SDL.pkg v(1.25)? Is anyone presently utilizing SDL?

thanks,
Rice
Quote this message in a reply
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by -Rice-
Is there a way to use SDL in project builder in OS X? I am presently reading through Linux Games programing and am trying to compile example code listing 4-1. I have added the frameworks to the project yet it does not compile. I have checked the library/frameworks folder and my installation has no header files. Would this indicate an error in the installation of the SDL.pkg v(1.25)? Is anyone presently utilizing SDL?

thanks,
Rice

Yes SDL works in PB under OSX. I used it quite a lot when I had my Mac. Have you installed SDL on you Mac yet? If so are you including SDL.h? How do you have your code setup for main()?
Luminary
What errors is Project Builder giving you?
Feanor
Unregistered

It sounds like you might have installed the runtime, not the SDK. The former has no headers, the latter does. The latter will get installed in your ~/Library directory, the former usually in the /Library/Frameworks directory.
-Rice-
Unregistered

It was the runtime libs I had installed. Blush Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Should'nt be so impatient and clicking on the first link I see.

again thanks,

Rice
Feanor
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by -Rice-
It was the runtime libs I had installed. Blush Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Should'nt be so impatient and clicking on the first link I see.

You should figure that I would know the situation only because I did exactly the same thing. LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Setting Far Cut Off Nick 2 2,508 Sep 7, 2004 05:57 PM
Last Post: Nick