Maya Fluid Effects

Founder
The Maywa water effects reminds me of the After-Effects plugin called Psunami (used in Waterworld and perhaps Titanic??) I was mostly awed by the cloud fly through. I've always had a dream of making a good short movie of a ship coming through the clouds and then slowly flying over a terrrain and landing.

Did you see Duality (spell?) A short Star Wars homage made with Electric Image. ALMOST looked like ILM did it.

I'd like to know how the performance of Maya is on the Mac compared with other platforms. In terms of handling huge models, complex animations, large textures, rendering and so on..

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
Read MacAddictGrin they praise it as a god. Anyway Bryce can do neat clouds to for a fraction of the price.
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Joseph Duchesne
*Wishes he got 3 thumbs upGrin then notices that AJ probably has only 2*
The world was in volumetrics(set in sky lab), the stars slowed it down and that's 10 volumetric spheres with their quality set on 75%. It took W-A-Y longer than I thought it would but it only took 2 hours to make. (1 hour makeing it and one hour waiting for the blasted preview to load on my 7600/132 Grin )

Nooo wonder. Grin

Quote:I was mostly awed by the cloud fly through. I've always had a dream of making a good short movie of a ship coming through the clouds and then slowly flying over a terrrain and landing.

I can email you an old Bryce 4 movie/short called SpeedLaser.
Quote:Originally posted by Camacho
Did you see Duality (spell?) A short Star Wars homage made with Electric Image. ALMOST looked like ILM did it.

For anyone who hasn't seen this, the website for the movie is http://www.crewoftwo.com/; besides the movie itself, the site contains some background information about the creation of the movie, including descriptions of how certain special effects were done. Very cool; fifteen years ago only a major film studio could have made something of this caliber, and now it can be done by two people and a home computer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  maya? blender? 3dsmax? craggas 35 24,408 Jul 3, 2010 11:39 PM
Last Post: Frank C.
  Baking lightmaps in Maya (2008) NoradNinja 2 6,150 Nov 18, 2007 07:03 PM
Last Post: NoradNinja
  Mac Maya .md2 exporter. LongJumper 2 5,659 Jul 30, 2005 11:50 AM
Last Post: LongJumper
  Exporting .obj and .mtl From Maya 5.0 Nick 0 3,786 Mar 7, 2005 05:06 PM
Last Post: Nick
  Maya to Photoshop and Back Again Nick 4 4,801 Nov 14, 2004 07:57 PM