Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0?

Mars_999
Unregistered

When I get my next Mac I don't want to be without some kind of art program to do some textures or image editing. I was told that Photoelements 2.0 is like Photoshop but has a few missing options? I find that hard to believe? Does Photoelements allow you to add alpha into your textures and save the texture as any file format and change it options? e.g. 32bit, or compressed or uncompressed .tga files? Yea $100 is a lot better than spending $700!! But if I can't do the things I need to make graphics or edit them for a game I guess I need to spend the $700. Ouch!!
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Photoshop Elements is pretty good, I thought. It does do alpha channels. Download the demo and try it -- it's only like 150MB.
Sage
Elements does not allow the use of masks. You will be able to do alpha with it, but without masks it will be really difficult. Masks are really powerful, I found Elements hard to do anything that I do without them. Both Photoshop and Elements have 30 day demos, download them and see which will do what yo want.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by OneSadCookie
Photoshop Elements is pretty good, I thought. It does do alpha channels. Download the demo and try it -- it's only like 150MB.

Funny I need a Mac first!! Wow
Luminary
Photoshop Elements is available for Windows as well as Macintosh. I don't know why the demo wouldn't be.
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by OneSadCookie
Photoshop Elements is available for Windows as well as Macintosh. I don't know why the demo wouldn't be.

As long as they are verbatum copies of each other.
Darkgold
Unregistered

yeah they are

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Photoshop sizing and dpi Chamse 5 9,023 Apr 13, 2011 10:35 PM
Last Post: Anomalous Interactive
  Photoshop Sprites With Alpha Channel Nick 22 18,184 Nov 26, 2006 06:25 PM
Last Post: jarfish
  Your favorite Photoshop tutorials Carlos Camacho 6 6,048 Nov 18, 2005 04:08 AM
Last Post: Fenris
  Photoshop transparency/alpha channels willman256 17 12,452 Oct 29, 2005 05:21 AM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX
  Creating anti-aliased sprites in Photoshop Malarkey 9 11,078 Mar 7, 2005 09:52 PM
Last Post: arekkusu