AGL fullscreen on MacOS X question

oxenos
Unregistered

Just a fast question for all you GL gurus here Wink

To which extent is AGL fullscreen supported? In other words, if I use AGL to create a fullscreen context instead of going the CoreGraphics or DrawSprocket does it work on EVERY version of MacOS X? Or does it work only starting from Jaguar (10.2)? Or is it a thing dependent upon the graphics board and/or other things, so that on some Mac it works and on some other not in a manner independent from the MacOS X version?

Thanx to everyone for your help!
Quote this message in a reply
I don't have much experience with AGL but from what I have seen, it's kinda weak. I couldn't even find glext in AGL. Your best bet is to use the OpenGL framework instead. I believe that OpenGL.framework goes back to X.1 with the extensions only in X.2. I'm no expert though.

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
Luminary
AFAIK, it works on all versions of Mac OS X. I suppose there might have been minor problems before 10.1.

You should probably really still use CoreGraphics to capture the screen before doing it...

Are you having problems?
henryj
Unregistered

AFAIK agl just calls through to cgl anyway. I'm using agl for fullscreen with no problems. The only thing you don't get is the gamma fade.
oxenos
Unregistered

Ok, thank you all very much!!!...

...and not, I haven't got any problem till now, but looking at some sample code from Apple I had the impression that agl could fail sometimes (but if it's some pre-Jaguar issue, I won't bother...)
henryj
Unregistered

All opengl context calls can 'possibly' fail. You should always check for errors.
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by henryj
All opengl context calls can 'possibly' fail. You should always check for errors.

ah yes the fun of programming catching errors!!
try{}
throw
catch

bool me!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  opengl bitmap font question: switching to fullscreen moon_magic 2 2,848 Jul 8, 2006 03:39 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  VBO broken in MacOS 10.4 execomrt 3 3,046 Sep 27, 2005 05:28 AM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX
  OpenGL Bugs in MacOS 10.2.6?! MacFiend 3 2,528 May 9, 2003 10:17 PM
Last Post: MacFiend