changing resolution in fullscreen

ghettotek
Unregistered

does anyone have a framework for fullscreen OpenGL or a tutorial that shows how to do it properly? nothing i try works. could it be because i have an eMac?Ninja
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Quote:could it be because i have an eMac?Ninja

Um, yep.... can't quite remember the details, though.

Talk to MonteBoyd Cool
I use RezLib to do my resolution switching, link from the downloads section: http://www.idevgames.com/content/download.php?id=100, works fine on my eMac.
ghettotek
Unregistered

ok thanks. itd still be nice if i didnt have to use an external library, i know i must be forgetting some small little detail.
try messing with the color and depth buffer sizes. these have cause a black screen for me in the past, especially on different machines.

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
ghettotek
Unregistered

i did try changing the color and depth sizes, but still nothing. i have my NSOpenGLView instantiated(?) in interface builder. i know (i think..) that this type of context cant enter into fullscreen. so i made a backup of my project, and redid it so that the context is created at runtime, but still no working fullscreen. im using an eMac, i thought i heard somewhere that eMacs have a pixel format bug, but im not sure. does anyone know if this is true? thanks.
ghettotek
Unregistered

just wanted to point out a stupid error on my part, before any of this misleads any newcomers. most of the code i posted probably would've worked (aside from the ones where i said i received "invalid drawable") if i were calling my initGL after entering fullscreen. i think the most relevant part of the initGL code is gluPerspective, but im not sure. anyways, thanks for all your help and sorry for all that other nonsense. Rasp
Sage
kelvin Wrote:This is not the case. Instantiating a pixel format has nothing to do with the state of the screen or any drawables.
blb Wrote:Has for me for months (including two minutes ago). If I capture, hide cursor, and switch mode after instantiating an NSOpenGLPixelFormat, I receive the fun "invalid drawable" error. As soon as I rearrange the code to capture, hide, and switch first, all works.
Just echoing this for people searching for solutions in the forum archives-- the order of operations here does make a difference. If you start in a 32bpp mode, create a 16bpp pixel format, and then switch to a 16bpp mode, attaching the context to a fullscreen drawable will fail (invalid drawable.) It seems like it should work, but it doesn't.

On the other hand if you switch modes first, it works fine.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  DPI and Resolution for Graphics mickyg 9 9,013 Apr 27, 2012 03:02 PM
Last Post: Andres Calil
  Changing Pixel Values using CG LIPH700 1 4,637 Nov 25, 2010 03:17 PM
Last Post: SethWillits
  Changing resolution while already in full-screen mode? Malarkey 1 2,704 Jun 10, 2008 07:49 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  Fullscreen/resolution switch causes texture loss IBethune 4 4,358 Feb 21, 2008 01:37 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Effifcient State Changing Nick 7 3,637 Apr 6, 2006 06:33 AM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX