Texture corruption under OS X and OpenGL

henryj
Unregistered

kberg

Excuse me for being a moron but which bit of the image you posted has a problem?Blink

What should it look like?
Quote this message in a reply
kberg
Unregistered

[Image: Working.jpg]

I tried to get the a similar angle and distance... But this is pretty close to the same scene, but with no corruption. Both the planet and the ship in the foreground have corrupted textures in my first image.
Mars_999
Unregistered

I was wondering where you might have gotten that earth texture at? I have one almost just like that one from a site on the net. Curious if you might have gotten from the same place? Also are you using gluSpere's for the planets? I am in my screensaver and works great!! Sorry to hear about the texture issues I don't have a Mac right now and would find that very annoying!!
I've played the game a bit with my GeForce4Ti and haven't noticed any problems thus far, so it's quite possible that this is an ATI-specific issue. (I'm also rather impressed with what I've seen of the game; keep up the great work.)
kberg
Unregistered

Thanks for the encouragement Smile If you have another OS X machine, or a friend with a decent 'net connection, try out the multiplayer...

It's good to hear that this might be an ATi specific issue.

The earth texture is a slightly modified version of this texture:

http://www.fantasticarts.com/textures/planet/earth1.htm

For the actual drawing, I've found that gluSphere was a lot faster then my manual code. What I do is create the quadratic, bind the texture, draw the quadratic into a compiled display list, then delete the quadratic.

I'm not sure if putting it into a compiled display list helps with speed though?
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by kberg
Thanks for the encouragement Smile If you have another OS X machine, or a friend with a decent 'net connection, try out the multiplayer...

It's good to hear that this might be an ATi specific issue.

The earth texture is a slightly modified version of this texture:

http://www.fantasticarts.com/textures/planet/earth1.htm

No thats not mine but here is where I got mine at. http://gw.marketingden.com/planets/planets.html
kberg
Unregistered

Wow, that's a great source for textures! It even has bump maps. All of my textures except for earth and jupiter are taken from an open source project called Celestia.
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by kberg
Wow, that's a great source for textures! It even has bump maps. All of my textures except for earth and jupiter are taken from an open source project called Celestia.

Glad I could help!! Hope to see your game finished someday So I can play it!! But first things first I got to buy me a Mac again!!! Waiting on some reviews and the 9700Pro to be available for BTO.Wow
The 9700 Pro is now available for BTO.

Wade
Mars_999
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by wadesworld
The 9700 Pro is now available for BTO.

Wade

Oops I should have said when its avaible to buy without waiting for Apple to have them. Right now you have to wait for your Mac to be built with one. I want to order one and get it in a few days not weeks. Thanks for looking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  OpenGL ES Texture Masking airfire 6 15,354 Mar 17, 2014 07:07 PM
Last Post: baioses
  OpenGL ES Texture Compression ajrs84 9 4,875 May 7, 2013 03:36 PM
Last Post: ajrs84
  OpenGL ES Texture Masking dalasjoe sin 0 3,952 Apr 13, 2012 12:17 AM
Last Post: dalasjoe sin
  Texture in OpenGL ES 2 looks pixelated vunterslaush 18 24,540 Aug 30, 2011 09:44 PM
Last Post: Frogblast
  Lighting and changing texture colors in OpenGL agreendev 2 7,961 Aug 13, 2010 03:47 PM
Last Post: agreendev