here some shots from Amiga

[Image: awa1.jpg]

[Image: awa2.jpg]

[Image: cross3.jpg]

[Image: zub3.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
Quote:Originally posted by Ian Emerson
Sawtooth, it's nice to see a fellow pixelator here!

hey I'm on Pixelation to, JDGrin
Sawtooth
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Ian Emerson
Sawtooth, it's nice to see a fellow pixelator here!

Yeah, I knew your stuff looked familiar LOL

Joseph Duchesne: I don't see you all that often, you should post more Smile

Oh! One more, hot off the presses! EGA palette this time, too.
[Image: shipwrecked!.gif]
Founder
Some of you should submit your good work to our Image-of-the-Week.

For you people who are members of pixel-pushing tribes, and visit other forums. Please lend us a hand in bringing more artists here because so many coders need good artists to work with.

Cheers

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Sawtooth
Unregistered

Danlab, nice stuff! Especially the buzz lightyear running, it's pretty sweet.

Quote:Originally posted by Camacho
For you people who are members of pixel-pushing tribes, and visit other forums. Please lend us a hand in bringing more artists here because so many coders need good artists to work with.

Cheers

I would, but for the fact that many people don't want to work on games. Not many people from the 'tribe' I come from are actively seeking jobs. Most are content on working to improve their techniques and skills for their own artistic purposes, or for their own games.

Pixelation, for instance, doesn't really welcome coders with ideas for games. Pixelation requires that incredibly detailed information be given out on the project, but most game-creation threads on there get locked anyway because stupid people practically start riots against them... If you're a coder looking for an artist, tread carefully.

But if I see anyone looking for a gaming job, I'll try my best to redirect them here.

I can also offer some advice to coders looking for art, though:

To people who want artistic talent from a certain messageboard (pixelation, or otherwise) : If you want art, don't post a thread. Look at someone, see if you like his/her artwork, and E-mail him/her about the offer. And be sure to offer plenty of information, not to mention a complete engine and guidelines. People are also wary of working on huge projects (IT WIL BE TEH NEXT FINAL FNATASY!!!1!1 ), because it means a lot of work on the artist's part. Remember, a good pixel piece is harder to make than it looks. Cash can be a big incentive.

Btw, where's bachus? He should be posting here, he's great at pixel art.
Nibbie
I know pixel art is HARD to work on frame by frame hour by hour becaus(sp?) I do pixel art myself. I mainly am programming right know on GC(IT WIL BE TEH NEXT FINAL FNATASY!!!1!1) and I don't have time to do all the pixel art if I am programming a game. I went to pixelation and hired an artist (Johnsprite) for a % of the games $$$. I was lucky because he only wanted the job so he could play it on his macGrin . Anyway this game has been in development for a loong time and IS a FF style RPG so it needs a lot of pixel art.
Sawtooth
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Joseph Duchesne
I went to pixelation and hired an artist (Johnsprite) for a % of the games $$$. I was lucky because he only wanted the job so he could play it on his macGrin

Heh, cool. Say, that would be a good reason to work on a project LOL .

Best of luck on your project, hope it turns out well.
Matt Brown
Unregistered

My first, (Thus far, only) attempt at pixle art is my avatar. Yes, it is a potato in an easy chair with a beer.
Here it is at 400%
[Image: bud400.gif]
Quote: Btw, where's bachus? He should be posting here, he's great at pixel art.

Been busy. ^_^ Some random stuff I already had uploaded to my web-site:

[Image: kionna5.gif][Image: kionna_comparison.gif][Image: kionna_running.gif]

[Image: tiles_new.gif][Image: cammy.gif]

[Image: numbers.gif]

[Image: castle_greyscale.gif][Image: morrigan_updated.gif][Image: tree2.gif][Image: beach_iso.gif]

[Image: shop.gif][Image: Ninja_Sprite.gif]

Didn't make these (well I ripped them), but damn are they gorgeous:

[Image: CvS-Mai-Sprite.gif][Image: CvS-Ryu-Sprite.gif][Image: CvS_Kyosuke.gif][Image: CvS_Maki.gif]

Eh, maybe that was too many pics. Ah well. *Goes back to trying to animate some sprites*
aleph0
Unregistered

Sweet! Very cool looking stuff! It makes me want to play some SF2 or any Square game again on the ol' snes emu. Cool

Has your art ever been used in a game / demo / any other production? I'm asking all the pixel guys here, btw.
Nibbie
Everything looks great. I'll upload some stuff later but I uploaded my latest animation as my avatarGrin .
me and my girlfriend
[Image: bwpict13.jpg]
[EDIT] I'm just in the mood tonight to do lots of art... this is me in zombie form.
[Image: mescaryzombie.jpg]
a work in progress(this was made entirely with the line tool)
[Image: tatu-lenapixart.jpg] [Image: tatu-lenapixart2.jpg] [Image: tatu-lenapixart3.jpg]
SkyHawk, that is plain awesome ;-)
alright, since one person liked it, I'll show you the rest of the journey that was accomplished tonight. I finally finished it
[Image: tatu-lenapixart4.jpg] [Image: tatu-lenapixart5.jpg] [Image: tatu-lenapixart6.jpg]