Sim Something

Matt Brown
Unregistered

Ya know, I'm starting to think Jake sould just go with the space colony idea, and then delete this thread. It's getting, I'm being generous here, out of hand. It went from a simple request for a sim game idea, to being just plain annoying. I started on these boards thinking they were clean. They were. Let's keep them that way, aight?
Quote this message in a reply
Sorry for posting what I did, I thought it was kind of funny, and I WAS NOT SERIOUS ABOUT MAKING THE GAME. I was thinking mabey the person who read it would say "hehe that would be a weird", not "These dirty forums and games!!!".

I am making the Space Colony game, I have been thinking about it alot today.

Do you think the game should be at a angled view (like in sim city 2000) or a strait on view? I think that a angled view like sim city 2000 would be good.
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Yeah. Let's keep the forums clean.

/ / moderator begins to edit / /
I think a side on view like Sim Tower. Make it so that you can walk around your space station (or float around when the grav plates fail Wink )
macboy
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Jake
Do you think the game should be at a angled view (like in sim city 2000) or a strait on view? I think that a angled view like sim city 2000 would be good.
I'd like to see an angled view, but how are you going to implement that? Wink
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

isometrics tutroial

1. draw graphics from side
2. rotate 45 degrees
3. scale by 50 percent
4. draw z plane onto graphics
5. collision map graphics

method I'm using for isometrics in H2O. thanks to Jobe Makar for help. use photoshop to do this.
macboy
Unregistered

I mean, how would you set the sprites so they appear angled correctly?

P.S. He's going to create it in MetaL, which can be easier or harder, depending on your point of view.
Matt Brown
Unregistered

The obvious way would be to simply draw the graphics from the appropriate angle. I've never seen SC2000, but SC3000 has very nice angled graphics.

I could try making some building graphics like the kinds in SimCity...
Matt Brown
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by AJ Infinity
isometrics tutroial

1. draw graphics from side
2. rotate 45 degrees
3. scale by 50 percent
4. draw z plane onto graphics
5. collision map graphics

method I'm using for isometrics in H2O. thanks to Jobe Makar for help. use photoshop to do this.

If my memory serves me right, (and it probably dosen't) I don't think Jake HAS Photoshop. Could be wrong though.
isn't graphic coverter just as capable at rotating and scaling?
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Matt Brown
The obvious way would be to simply draw the graphics from the appropriate angle. I've never seen SC2000, but SC3000 has very nice angled graphics.

I could try making some building graphics like the kinds in SimCity...

I don't have Photoshop either. Any graphics app (Flash, GraphicConveter, FreeHand, Photo-Paint, Bryce, etc; I used Flash) will do. Look, that iso. tutorial came from a book Grin. So I know I'm not wrong (it worked in H2O. This method is easier than any other method (in my opinion). actually, you should use C++ and OpenGL and position the camera at an angle in a 3D world.

Just follow the tut.
Quote:Originally posted by Matt Brown
If my memory serves me right, (and it probably dosen't) I don't think Jake HAS Photoshop. Could be wrong though.

I have PS 7 Smile
hum... whats so hard about making a picture from an angled view? Just draw it like it would look like from an angle.
My money is on the "Sim Dim Sum." It already even has a good name Smile I imagine aisle and table spacing would be a key part of the strategy. As well as kitchen and bathroom placement. Table 14 hasn't had a cart pass it in 20 minutes, business is floundering!Grin

---Kelvin--
15.4" MacBook Pro revA
1.83GHz/2GB/250GB
macboy
Unregistered

This is getting really off topic. If possible for the moderators, this should be split into 2 different threads. One with the "on topic" Sim Something thread and the other about entertainment violence, sex, etc.

P.S. If you do do that, delete this post.