Sim Something

w_reade
Unregistered

Ok, all the sex and death controversy has been split off. For explanatory purposes I've left your post, macboy, so that latecomers have some idea what's going on.

Continue to post here about Sim Space Colony, or whatever it turns out to be, but for sex, death, etc., go here.

Cheers
william
Quote this message in a reply
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

The iso tutorial is the fastest iso way. And also the best. I got it from a book by a pro web game developer. Grin No, I didn't plagarize. I summarized and revised a chapter.
GameDev
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Matt Brown
...I've never seen SC2000...

Then you've missed out on a LOT! SimCity 2000 is easly the most fun of the SimCity games. (not counting SC4000) It was complex, but not too complex. It was angled was just like SC3000. It's graphics were somewhat detailed. Think 2D SC3000 with all brown dirt and a little less detail.
sim city had too little replay value, believe it or not. When you figure out what to do, every game is just a matter of doing those things, over and over.
Quote:Originally posted by Shivers
sim city had too little replay value, believe it or not. When you figure out what to do, every game is just a matter of doing those things, over and over.

same with The Sims, or SimAnt or any other simplistic game in those natures. This rarely takes away from the first 4 months of fun.
well, in my opinion, simcity 2k and the sims entertained me for no more than a week. no doubt i was entertained well for a week, but only a week. but that is only me
GameDev
Unregistered

I like sim games because how open the game is. Every time you build a city in SC, it won't be the same.
w_reade
Unregistered

Ok, all the terrorism has been split off too. It's not related to game design, so it's in Free Talk.

Cheers
william
WaaMatt
Unregistered

Sim Sandwhich
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

You own a sandwhich shop. Build the world's greatest sandwhich and make it good enough so everyone likes it. Make it like Rollercoaster Tycoon, where you must keep people happy.
Founder
There is a good Sim game in Japan for convenience stores. You open a franchise in a choice location. You then need to spread out and open new stores. A bit like SimCity. If you have ever studied the business of convenience stores it is interesting, because of logistics, store layout traffic patterns, suppliers and so on. Another game in Japan is called Bistro. You manage a restuarant. Setting the floorplan, menu, prices and so on. Other big sim game here is horse racing. It is called Winning Post. It is like a Soccer Management Game.

Speaking of which, why not make it easy on yourself. Work on a soccer, baseball, football, basketball simulation. I think shareware sales would be nice. The Mac has one soccer management game. It is so-so from what I saw. Someone here also mentioned a WWE (pro wrestling) simulation game. I think that is also good. I suggest rather than people shooting out JUST names for a game.... Make a thread in game design, and make a rough design doc instead. That is more helpful then just saying "SimSanta."

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
A sim soccer game sounds fun, mabey I can add your teams carlos Grin

Also, can you add that green smile again, I liked him Wow
I would LOVE to see Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (or 1) ported to the mac. Or at least have something on our platform than rival it in ease of contruction, speed, graphics, and fun factor.
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

RCT's written in Intel assembly code so it'll never be here. Sad
macboy
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by AJ Infinity
RCT's written in Intel assembly code so it'll never be here. Sad
Uck. Who would program in assembly for a huge game like that? Blink