Physics and 3D engine, how to continue?

DoG
I have recently made a 3D, well, I wouldn't really call it engine, but something capable of displaying a heirarchical object model, animated and real-time, and whatnot in OpenGL inside a Cocoa view. The engine is mostly written in c++, and should be portable for 99% of the code. Needless to say that arbitrary drawable objects can be added by means of inheriting from certain base classes. I also implemented a mechanism for object oriented selection inside the opengl view, and manipulation of those objects with messages. To sum it up, I think I have created a conceptually nice model for storing, manipulating, and displaying graphics. PS: dynamic LOD is also there.

Second strike is a particle (eg mass-point), constraint based physics engine. Basically, it should be able to simulate anythin from car racing to cloth dynamics on a fast enough machine. It is also very object oriented and easily extendable.

Third strike is several nifty gimmicks inside the package, such as altivec accelerated matrix and vector operations, as well as an altivec accelerated linear-algebra solver.

I want to make the source code, and all the libraries, available to the public domain as a reference, and for use in public domain software. But, I want to retain the rights on the original code and to get a non-exclusive right to use any modifications made to the code, if they are also made public. If any of you out there know what steps I have to take to ensure my rights, eg what kind of copyright notice or similar I should include with the source, please let me know, so I can make my code public asap, as I really think it has great potential but has grown too large for just me working on it in my free time.

Really, any help is greatly appreciated,

- D.G
Quote this message in a reply
Try the LGPL... It requires that modifications to the code be released, but allows the code to be used as a library in non-LGPL software and is therefore not as off-putting as the full GPL.
DoG
I finally put the thing to sourceforge.net, the project name is ssframework. Just in case anyone's interested.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How we can play the audio file continue in sleep mode of iPhone Rajneesh84 5 6,335 Feb 13, 2009 07:50 AM
Last Post: AnotherJake