Accessing the GCC compiler flags

I'm trying to get my loops aligned to 16bit (via the -falign-loops = 16 compiler flag), and finding that actually being able to find the GCC variables in XCode's 'Build' settings rather voodoo-ish.

I found them once, by accident (I wish I'd been more scientific in my method) but have subsequently failed to find them again, no matter what I getInfo on, right click on, or... well, anything.

Does anyone have a foolproof way of accessing the GCC build variables?

http://www.fluttermind.com
Fluttermind - Games for Everyone
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
I don't see the voodoo in it, haven't used the compiler settings dialog extensivly but doesn't seem too bad. You just click on your project on the left side of your project window (underneath Groups & Files) and then Info in the toolbar. The project info window opens and you click on the build tab. Is that what you wanted or did I misunderstood?
It's not quite that simple, unfortunately; getting settings for the project (the blue project icon in the Groups & Files pane) is the "project level", which is overridden by whatever you set on the "target level" which is when you get info on the target, under the bullseye in the Groups & Files pane. Further, the settings are per-configuration, meaning that you set them for debug/release and potentially for each platform. It can be very confusing if you aren't paying attention Wacko

My preference is to simply set settings on each target, and generally avoid ever getting info on the project level.

To the OP's question: I think you're looking for Other C Flags or Other C++ Flags.
AnotherJake Wrote:To the OP's question: I think you're looking for Other C Flags or Other C++ Flags.

Yeah, the problem is that I'm having difficulty *seeing* the Other C Flags segment. It seems to have gone missing since yesterday, no matter what configuration (or 'All Configuration') I set. Yuck.

Madrayken Wrote:Yeah, the problem is that I'm having difficulty *seeing* the Other C Flags segment. It seems to have gone missing since yesterday, no matter what configuration (or 'All Configuration') I set. Yuck.

Oh yeah, that's happened to me before too.. very irritating Mad

I don't remember what I did to fix that. You might be able to click on the little gear in the lower left corner and select: Add User-Defined Setting. They you can try naming the new setting (left column) to OTHER_CFLAGS.

[adding] also, don't forget to use the search field in the upper right and type in: other c
AnotherJake Wrote:Oh yeah, that's happened to me before too.. very irritating Mad

I don't remember what I did to fix that. You might be able to click on the little gear in the lower left corner and select: Add User-Defined Setting. They you can try naming the new setting (left column) to OTHER_CFLAGS.

[adding] also, don't forget to use the search field in the upper right and type in: other c

It came back. Voodoo, I tell ya.

Thanks for the support!

Luminary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Issue with the Apple LLVM compiler 3.0... Jamie W 4 4,682 Dec 8, 2011 04:43 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Accessing iOS Folders scarypajamas 4 6,316 Oct 17, 2011 02:52 PM
Last Post: scarypajamas
  what compiler for iPhone OS 3.0? captainfreedom 4 5,502 Dec 21, 2010 02:37 AM
Last Post: Frank C.
  Chipmunk physics accessing shapes in multiple methods issue JinnoRb 0 2,092 Mar 24, 2010 11:53 AM
Last Post: JinnoRb
  Accessing a method from anywhere in the project... Help! SamBaylus 5 4,594 Feb 4, 2010 09:24 AM
Last Post: kendric