Carbon OpenAL

Is it possible to use OpenAL in a carbon app? In my project it works fine in 9 but not in X, and it seems that the only way to get it in X is to use project builder. Is this possible or should I try and use fmod or something?
Quote this message in a reply
gregorypierce
Unregistered

I've been using OpenAL for a couple of months without issues. FMOD is also very cool, and in some respects a better API - but everything you need for OpenAL can be downloaded from the OpenAL CVS at openal.org. In the source you will find a project builder project for OpenAL that will compile the OpenAL.framework for use in applications (kinda - you still need to add the headers and make them all public).
I'm using Codewarrior and am trying to get the same openal to work in both 9 and X, but I can only seem to compile one that works in 9 OR X :/ FMOD seems to be based around carbon so I guess I'll just use that.
gregorypierce
Unregistered

I've gotten it to build using project builder, but not to generate the OpenAL.Framework (which is annoying) because the ProjectBuilder project isn't complete. If you download the Framework from creative you can use that one in plug and play fashion.