What is the best 3d program?

Quicksilver
Unregistered

Just face it, bryce stinks.

Starting the hate mail..
Nibbie
Um have you ever used Bryce 5 or seen some of the stuff done with it? Does Vue have a volumetric world, Quicktime VR export, quick picture-3D modeling, A tree lab, a verry unadvanced sky lab or a invisible manuel?
Quicksilver
Unregistered

Yes, all of that and much more.

No, I don't work e-on software. Just supporting a great under rated app.
Darkgold
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Joseph Duchesne
Um have you ever used Bryce 5 or seen some of the stuff done with it?

Have YOU ever used Vue4?
Founder
In case anyone is interested E-on sent me Vue and I shall be reviewing it for the site.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Nibbie
Vue? Under Rated ? It got the same as Bryce. Maybe macworld did a different rating but Macaddict gave it a good one. I have tried Vue and I like it but I guess I'm just used to bryce's werid interface.
Quicksilver
Unregistered

Under rated by the public, it happens sometimes when the product is marketed strangely or not very well.
Nibbie
I bought Bryce over Vue and Mojo World because Bryce has been around longer, has a larger user base and *.

*(Whisper: it's made by a canadian company)
Zachary
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by Joseph Duchesne
I bought Bryce over Vue and Mojo World because Bryce has been around longer, has a larger user base and *.

*(Whisper: it's made by a canadian company)

heh, using that logic I should go out and buy a spectrum Rasp
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Steve Jobs ditched Kai Krause and Bryce when he gave that special Apple recognition award or whatever to Vue. Well, Bryce has been used in movies and Vue hasn't.

/ / AJ Infinity snickers / /
Nibbie
What Movie? Bryce is better because it doesn't put a demo on a Macaddicd CD and expect you to download another 20MB after you get it.
We (well specifically Adam) started using Cinema 4D because of the render quality (it's one of the best renderers out there) and now it's got rather nice soft IK and particles. With version 8 Maxon has started breaking the bundle down to a more reasonably priced basic kit with the various plugins being add ons or available in 'studio' packs.

Lightwave is a bit of an old Amiga hanger on. It's a good package, but the interface takes a lot of learning and now Maya and C4D are the same price or lower, it's looking a bit creaky.

Just been playing with C4D's Xpresso scripting. If you've ever played with Reaktor (the synth creation kit) or Max (the similar sound creation kit), you'll feel right at home Smile
I have fiddled around with the demo of Amorphium and it's really cool. The UI is sorta weird, but it doesn't bother me that much. It's very easy to learn, and you can create quick models that look good in almost no time!

"Programmers are tools for converting caffeine into code."
Quicksilver
Unregistered

I sure wish we had 3ds Max, I've seen some very decent things done with it.
Nibbie
I don't like amorphium. It takes to much hassle to change between clay and other modes.
Thread Closed