What is the best 3d program?

Huh To convert from wax to a mesh sphere, just select the convert to mesh sphere tool, and click on the wax blob. That easy!

"Programmers are tools for converting caffeine into code."
Nibbie
Huh Must havge changed since I last tried the demo.
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

3ds max has a physics engine called reactor which is like the real world physics app I wanted to make. I was creating my physics app to rival reactor.

Movies? Look out for one called Infinity's Child and another called Planetary Traveller. Also, The Shahnra Project. For feature films, they use Maya or Maya or Maya (darn, all they seem to like is Maya Grin).
Nibbie
No they also use MayaSmile Grin .
i definetly reccommend Cinema 4d for everything. I use XL and not GO but I assume the basics carry over. I has great render quality, a good interface and easy to create low or high polygon models. Great dynamics and good animation (not the best). It is also cross-platform which is good. It works better than anything else I have tried and isn't horribly expensive.
im using cinema4D because
*the render is very fast
*easy to use
*can render into variouse format
*render pictures with alpha channel

you can find here my portfoli with 3d stuff
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

cinema is better than lightwave because
1. It's cheaper
2. It's easier to use
3. It has more features

just adding on or restating what you said.
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

LightWave definitely beats Cinema when it comes to IK and character animation. And HyperVoxels!
achhh, animating is for pansies!

just kidding. Lightwave is more powerful for animating indeed, but who wants to have to go through so much just to get to animating. And also, it is more powerful, but not as easy.
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Yeah, I've been using it for a year and I haven't completely learned it.
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Note: LW isn't for games. The LWSDK's code that allows you to import LWO's is outdated. It's for LW 6.5. LW's current version is 7.5. The LWO format changes with each version. So the code won't work and you can't use LWO models in your game. LW doesn't export models in any format but LWO so there is nothing you can really do about it. You can, however, export an LWO and then import it into another 3D app. Then save it as an OBJ or 3DS. These formats are more popular for games. This is the reason H2O became a 2D game that doesn't use LWO's.
righto

never the less

C4D is in my opinion the best valued 3d program.
yeah, hash looks like a good character animator, but I would much rather support a company with my money that is good to its users and tries to deliver the best expirience and quality products than a company that just sells a product to make money and ends the customer relationship there.
DoG
Without looking at all the previous posts, I must say Cinema 4D. I have been using since it's version 4, yeah, back when it's software rendering was faster than hw accelerated on my Powerbook 5300.

It has grown since then, but I still prefer it over anything, as far as usability goes, even ( or especially ) lightwave sux compared to it. And C4D can give you a fast preview render, and has a very good render time to quality trade off.

C4D is definitely missing some advanced tools (which you can find in progs 10x the price), but it is a good value buy.

Also, I think C4D's learning curve is not much worse than that of really cheap 3D packages. And even once you know the low end c4d package, you will find your way in XL in no time.

- D.G
AJ Infinity
Unregistered

Oh yes LW is very hard to learn.

C4D's a good choice because the majority of it's features are better than LW's. For example, LW Modeller exports only to LWO and EPSF (whatever that is). LW Layout exports scenes in nearly every format imaginable. C4D doesn't really have the modelling power of LW. But, it has excellent After Effects intergration the same way Maya has Shake intergration.

Bryce's Display Modes option is located on the right hand side of the screen. Look for a wireframe cube, and then click and hold the mouse on it. A menu will pop up. The menu has the options Default Wireframe, OpenGL, and Sree 3D. Default Wireframe displays objects as wireframes, OpenGL displays objects in realtime via OpenGL (this has the best quality), and Sree 3D is Bryce's built in realtime display (this is the fastest).
Thread Closed