good muzzle flashes

Quote:Originally posted by w_reade
It's all too easy to do. No offence meant, none taken Smile.

OT, are you a maths person too? Not many people I know (who haven't done it at university) know even one meaning of modulus :-).

no - Im a Math wannabe. Im constantly reading math and programming books. But owing to the fact that I have a small particle of brain lodged in my skull* - Im only able to absorb bits and pieces here and there.

I knew the meaning as far as remainder. Im currently reading "The Moment of Proof - mathematical epiphanies" by Donald C. Benson, and the term modulus came up in the section about graphing vectors on the complex plane - which was the first time I heard of it used to mean length - so I should of known (but particle of brain and all that) - I was currently reading the part about cryptography and primes and so that used the term for the other meaning so thats what stuck in there last.

There is just all these deep connections between math and logic and programming and music and ... well if I had the chops and a greater insight to be able to tie those things together in some meaningful way...

-Codemattic

* extra points if you know where I stole the joke from.
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
ive been looking at alot of muzzle flashes and i think i should share some observations about them.(i dont know if it is right or not so dont take my word)

1)A muzzle flash is an explosion, except it has an opening to go out of.

2) the speed and spin of the bullet creates a vacuum, and the explosion gets sucked in, which is why you get that jagged triangle shape. This also explains why shotgun muzzle flashes are rounded more, because there are more projectiles creating vacuums in different directions.

3) Tank brass eject becomes more rounded because the explosion matures from spikey to spherey. And im guessing that they have more time to mature because the explosions have more volume? Im still not sure why tank brass eject lasts longer.

HTH

Wink
Nibbie
now that i think of it, the speed of tank projectiles is less, so the explosion from the shell isnt sucked as much by the vacuum, and it expands on its own, which possibly makes it react slower. Once again, im not sure
Quote:Originally posted by Feanor
Check out America's Army -- a-mazing muzzle flashes, just look at the screen shots. I've never played the game.
--FÎanor

Talk about overdone!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why good ideas beat good graphics BeyondCloister 38 16,101 Jun 6, 2005 09:38 AM
Last Post: Dan Potter