full version/light version

I finished a game, along with a lite version of it, for the iphone....

Do I need to submit both separately for review? Is there some special process for submitting a lite version?

I have a "get full version" button on the main menu of my lite version- do I have to use storekit or can I simply provide a url to the app store location of the full app(which would presumably open the app store and quit out of my app)?
Quote this message in a reply
You just submit it like a normal app. There are certain rules though, like you cant show menu options that dont work etc. But you can provide a link through to your full version. See this thread on how: http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthrea...post152910
Okay but how would I put the url of my full version in my light version, without my full version already being on the app store to begin with?
NelsonMandella Wrote:Okay put the url of my full version in my light version, without my full version already being on the app store to begin with?

When your main app is in review itunesconnect will show you the Apple ID, you can use that in the url. eg itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=APPLEID
So I would submit my main app, wait for the url, then pop the url in my lite app and submit the lite version.

Would you happen to know how long the gap is between submission of the full app and apple giving you the url to it?

Also I came across this thread: http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17779. I found this very inciteful but I still have a few questions regarding the topic.

Does apple require either your real name or the name of your company, could you for instance use a pseudonym? Also what exactly constitutes a company, is it enough to just make up a name(after making sure it has no previous usage)?

Also in that thread MattDiamond said he thought apple took longer to verify apps created by companies, going on to say that he thought it was because apple had to confirm they were "doing business legally under that name", what exactly does this mean and can anyone else confirm this?
You can also use:
http://www.itunes.com/app/yourappname

to link directly
It takes a couple weeks.
bmantzey Wrote:It takes a couple weeks.

So I would have to wait that period of time before I could upload a lite version with the embedded link to my full version? That seems odd.
Sage
You don't have to wait, go back and read Wonza's post again.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Okay I think I got it all down. I've already uploaded my full version and am about to upload the lite version but I just wanted to make sure I understand correctly...

So if my app id is 0001 then I would use this code to link to my app:

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=0001&mt=8"]];

Would this be correct?
One thing I've done for my newest app: Since I wouldn't know my App Store URL when I submitted the 1.0 binary to Apple, I instead used a URL that went to a special page on my web-site. The page was nothing more than a redirect. Before I know the URL of my app (or before it gets approved) the redirect goes to the iPhone page on my site. After I know my App Store URL I'll send it to that. Then in my first update I can update the URL in the actual app.

You can do something similar for your lite version so that you can submit the two versions at the same time. And if your lite version gets approved first (not unheard of), then the link at least won't be broken and can go somewhere productive.
That's a great idea, thanks a lot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Differences between Full and Lite version riruilo 4 4,921 Mar 26, 2010 07:22 AM
Last Post: Smilediver
  3D Light/Lens Flares on iPhone AnotherJake 9 5,441 Mar 22, 2010 06:04 AM
Last Post: Skorche
  Anyone made a lite version? kendric 3 3,966 Aug 20, 2009 10:59 AM
Last Post: CyberGreg
  firmware version to build for frozen 1 2,088 Feb 18, 2009 02:33 AM
Last Post: Nick
  iPhone OS version breakdown numbers? Bachus 2 3,036 Dec 4, 2008 07:22 PM
Last Post: Bachus