AGL vs Glut

I've just started crash learning OpenGL and have several test apps running quite happily in GLUT environments on OS 9. Having seen mentions of AGL it looks the better API, but all the Apple references to it I've found so far give examples as OS X only project builder files, despite seeing the odd reference to AGL having OS 9 headers.

As my OpenGL stuff absolutely has to work in 9 as well as X as a straight Carbon App (I'm not wasting development time on a package), does AGL still work in OS 9 and are there any good *carbon* examples that will compile in Codewarrior under 9 ?
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
AGL is completely carbon compliant*. It's also very easy to use.

I'm sure most of those Apple examples would compile with CodeWarrior and perhaps a few changes to includes.

If you want a really simple example, I do it in QTValuePak, but I'd be extremely surprised if there weren't a boatload of examples in the OS9 GL 1.2.1 SDK.

At the other end of the spectrum, there's Apple's SetupGL. That does everything you'd never need to worry about and more Wink

------

* except for aglUseFont, which is marked as "unsafe" or the likes.
Thanks OSC, got it all running using the Full screen example. There's a lot of extra crap in there for events I'll never have to use (window moving etc.), but I'm going to trim it back to the basics and use that as a base for my other stuff.