Dragging + Selectors

Haha great tutorial aarkuGrin. Sorry I misunderstood what you wanted ededed.

Iceman
Quote this message in a reply
ededed
Unregistered

Quote:intellectually challenged
FurballPhat
Thats not funny I think furball's got a furball in his throught.

I did look at the wonking project builder help and it was totally useless to me OK!!!
If your so good SEND ME SOME EXAMPLES OKOKKOKOOKOKOK!!!!!!!!

GRRR R RR R R R R RRR!!!!!!!

Mad
ededed
Unregistered

WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR YOUR PUNY MINDS TO UNDERSTAND I JUST WANT TO DRAG SOMTHING ABOUT. ROOOOAAAAAR
Luminary
Please go and "wonking" ask your question on the "wonking" Apple Cocoa list where the people who actually know about the subject hang out and stop "wonking" insulting everybody left right and center.

The people here are trying to "wonking" help you! You won't make any "wonking" friends by being a "wonker" about it.

-- One"Wonking"SadCookie,
Luminary
If you want an answer, I suggest you read this (I assume you have already):

file:///Developer/Documentation/Cocoa/TasksAndConcepts/ProgrammingTopics/DragandDrop/index.html

and then ask a specific question -- what didn't you understand? What are you having trouble implementing?
ededed
Unregistered

Thanks OneBadCookie, I have it working now and I will post the dragging code and game on my (rubbish but free) website later.
ededed
Unregistered

Feanor
Unregistered

Hehe, well, they say it's better to be angry than to bottle it up. Nice roar, btw.

Also, nice sample code.
--FÎanor
thank you ededed for posting your code.

cool!

Codemattic

PS -

Does anyone else here feel that as you learn how to do new things in Cocoa - you feel you *must* use them. Its like when the Mac first came out and designers realized that they could use dozens of fonts at the same time - and so they did - even if it wasnt a good idea design-wise. My little cocoa apps are now filled with toolbars, floating palettes, spinners, progress bars, etc... Now Im sure soon I will add much dragging and dropping - even if it makes no gui sense for what Im doing. But it *is* fun.

...and look - I can drag a red circle to the textbox and it drops the text "Red" there - and if I drag the text "Red" to a drop zone it fills it with red. Very friggin slick indeed ededed!!
ededed
Unregistered

lol
Yes, very true.

Sheets, Toolbars, Windows with no backing, drag'n'drop, Changing the dock icon in realtime, Controlling the cursor and changing the cursor to a custom image (16*16 only just now).

Wouldn't it be great to get a cursor size 64*64 or somthing...
I think it could be done (havent tried it yet) by creating a custom NSEvent and passing that to the drag NSImage method then you may be able to set that an image of any size could follow the mouse and appear to "be" the cursor.
Any idea's.

Try dragging into TextEdit and ProjectBuilder.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cocoa: Mouse location while dragging window Fenris 4 5,117 Jul 14, 2005 04:46 PM
Last Post: Fenris