Textures showing only white for some beta testers

I've had two beta testers now who have my game not running properly as it plays with no textures, everything is white.

The first tester just mentioned being on an old 3D card so I thought that was the problem. However, the second tester who reported this problem is using the exact same machine spec as the one I developed the game on, an iBook Graphite SE 366 with a Rage Mobility with 4MB VRAM.

Any ideas as to why this problem is happening? An older version of OpenGL perhaps? That seems unlikely because both testers can play other 3D games fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
rangaroek
Unregistered

Quote:Originally posted by monteboyd
I've had two beta testers now who have my game not running properly as it plays with no textures, everything is white.

The first tester just mentioned being on an old 3D card so I thought that was the problem. However, the second tester who reported this problem is using the exact same machine spec as the one I developed the game on, an iBook Graphite SE 366 with a Rage Mobility with 4MB VRAM.

Any ideas as to why this problem is happening? An older version of OpenGL perhaps? That seems unlikely because both testers can play other 3D games fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, it seems to me that binding of your textures
fails. Probably you should add some log code when
you create your textures ...

adios, rangaroek
Got this one sorted. The user had an older version of OpenGL.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  showing off new space game gooncorp 1 3,231 Nov 8, 2012 02:35 PM
Last Post: PythonBlue
  Nothing showing up in NSOpenGLView [newb] binaryinsomnia 6 6,478 Nov 29, 2011 07:04 PM
Last Post: binaryinsomnia
  Seams showing on my cubemaps TomorrowPlusX 4 4,080 Dec 14, 2005 12:56 PM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX
  glColor4f and glBlendFunc for fading to white? dave05 3 5,318 Jun 24, 2005 05:31 PM
Last Post: Skorche
  Cocoa loaded textures have white edges Jake 6 4,227 May 6, 2005 09:17 AM
Last Post: Jake